PDA

View Full Version : Sound off! WORCS 2007

QuadJunkies
12-31-2006, 07:42 PM
Its only a few more weeks away.... !!

Im very excited to FINALLY meet sooo many riders that I havent met already from the Idaho round. I will be at each and every round this year. I will be shooting ALOT of photos, some of the Coverage, LIVE interviews and video(my Husband Troy will be covering alot of the video in-between for me ) some of the riders will also have some profiles Ill be posting as well.
Im rather new to this and this has become such a HUGE series with so many classes,so bare with me as I will be trying to learn alot this year . I will do my best ;)

I suspect this years entries are going to exceed last years

Best of luck to everyone at the opening Round
For those who dont know-Round 1 will be once again held at Speedworld MX Park
Heres a re-cap of last years Round 1 that Harlen done
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141910

QuadJunkies
12-31-2006, 07:45 PM
So What classes is everyone running this year?

My Daughter will be racing the new Shifter class, and my Son will race the 90 mod. Still havent decided on which motor in which chassis yet, seems like the Kasea has a little better suspention.
My Husband Troy will be racing the +30A class,but will only be racing 4 rounds this year since he cant get much time off from work
:ermm:
Im still trying to figure out how Im getting up there.lol

We might be sharing a ride up or I may just drive myself up myself ,hopefully the roads will be good for such a very long drive

question....
Can anyone tell me how far away the airport is from the track?
My Husband is flying out and I have to drive there to pick him up unless its close enough for him to take a Cab. I do not know anyone from the area so were trying to find the best way to do this...
Also, how far is the Days Inn in Surprise from the track?
Im a total bag of nerves as we are STILL trying ti finish up my Daughters new race quad with NO seat time on it :scary:

CannondaleRider
01-01-2007, 01:29 AM
I'll be racing Open A, and Pro-Am(If qualified, of course, hopefully my Pismo results can be reobtained)

The drive will be pretty nice, it will be two lane highway from Wells to Vegas, Vegas will be the worst of the drive.....because it's Vegas. Vegas to Needles will be four lane highway, and your route will vary from there.

Sky Harbor is about 40 miles from Speedworld, depending on the time of day, it won't be to bad of a drive, maybe a bit of traffic, but not all that bad.

Whats the address to the motel, all I need is the addy, and i'll be able to hook you up on the distance, and the drive.

QuadJunkies
01-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
I'll be racing Open A, and Pro-Am(If qualified, of course, hopefully my Pismo results can be reobtained)

The drive will be pretty nice, it will be two lane highway from Wells to Vegas, Vegas will be the worst of the drive.....because it's Vegas. Vegas to Needles will be four lane highway, and your route will vary from there.

Sky Harbor is about 40 miles from Speedworld, depending on the time of day, it won't be to bad of a drive, maybe a bit of traffic, but not all that bad.

Whats the address to the motel, all I need is the addy, and i'll be able to hook you up on the distance, and the drive.
thanks alot for the info, My Husband may run ProAm as well if he will qualify.Wouldnt this be a better way to get there for us?
more miles.but less hours to get there .That should shave off some time driving
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=Boise&1s=id&1z=&2pn=&2a=&2c=Phoenix&2s=az&2z=&r=f
This is the other route,but its almost 4 hours longer
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=Boise&1s=id&1z=&2pn=&2a=&2c=Phoenix&2s=az&2z=&r=s

Heres the Address
Days Inn
12477 W. Bell Rd, Surprise, Az; 85374

CannondaleRider
01-02-2007, 09:54 AM
As far as I know only Production A, Open A, and Stock A qualifies for the Pro-Am. So 30+A won't allow him to run Pro-Am

Definitely take the "Shorter Miles - More Hours" route. Going around through Flagstaff down the I-17 will take MUCH longer then just going straight through Vegas, over the Hoover Dam, down through Kingman and Wickenburg, and straight to the track(Let me know what size vehicle you'll be driving, depending on the size, if you have a trailer, you may need to take a modified route to miss the Dam)

Remember, after you go through Wickenburg, you only have about 20 miles of driving on the 60 to get to the track(Right on Patton, then directly left on 195th down to Jomax, or just Right on Jomax farther east on the 60)...your not actually traveling to Phoenix, which is another hour and a half farther east. So, with the "Longer - less hours" route, you would actually be backtracking, along with dealing with the bull**** of coming down the 17, and making your way through Phoenix city bull****.

Also, check out the map and plan your route through Nevada. Where Mapquest shows you staying on the 93 most of the way, which loops around a little bit, if you jump on the 6 out of Ely, then take a left on the 318, you can take the 318/38 all the way down to the end of the 93 loop, which will shave off some time and miles, because it is much straighter.

The hotel is only about 15 miles or so from the track. From the track, you exit East on Jomax, take that for about half a mile, then get on Grand Ave./60 going Southeast, take that all the way to Bell Rd., take a left on Bell, east to your address.

Let me know if you need any more details on directions.

QuadJunkies
01-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
As far as I know only Production A, Open A, and Stock A qualifies for the Pro-Am. So 30+A won't allow him to run Pro-Am

Actually he qualified the year prior but didnt race it cause he lost all brakes :( Things might be dif. now but he did qualify prior.

He may run both classes,hes still up in the air on that,but wont be racing all rounds.

thanks on all the info, I do appreciate that!:)

QuadJunkies
01-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Is there an airport closer to where the track is that he should maybe flyin instead of Phoenix?
I didnt realize it was that far from where we will be staying

CannondaleRider
01-02-2007, 11:58 AM
From the WORCS Website:

Prod A, Stock A, Open A RIDERS WHO QUALIFY DURING SATURDAY EVENTS TO RIDE IN THE MAIN PRO RACE

Must be WORCS Member. Qualifying will be as follows: a total of twenty riders will qualify from the A classes during Saturday's events. Top twelve (12) Overall A riders from race #3 (Prod A, Stock A) and top eight (8) Overall A riders from race #6 (Open A). Which class an A rider competes in is irrelevant; qualifying is based on overall finish in races stated above. If a qualified A rider passes on riding the the Pro-Am class on Sunday, the only riders eligible to fill the position will be first the current top ten in points in Pro-AM and second A Class Champions from any prior racing season. Registration for the Pro-Am class closes at 10:00am Sunday.

As far as airports go, I don't know of any airport that is closer that it would be possible to fly into....theres airports everywhere around there...but none that big.

QuadJunkies
01-11-2007, 12:41 AM
I thought this was cool for the kids !!!

WORCS ATV Kids

WORCS KIDS 2007

We are adding a younger WORCS Kids program to our exciting schedule this year, WORCS MINIS. Arts and Craft for the little ones. Sherry Lanza will be heading this up with Lisa Tremaine helping her. Sherry has set up a schedule that has workshops for moms as well. Please see schedule below!!

*Details for each event will be posted on the news section before each race..... questions, please call us at 435-635-1597.

WORCS KIDS SCHEDULE

RND 1- PHOENIX, AZ- SCAVENGER HUNT

RND 2- VICTORVILLE, CA- VALENTINE'S FOOT RELAYS

RND 3- LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ- JELLO WRESTLING

RND 4- PAYETTE, ID- PAYETTE HOSPITAL VISIT- GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY

RND 5- MILFORD, CA- LASER TAG AND GHOST STORIES AROUND THE CAMPFIRE

RND 6- TBA, CA- FAMILY RELAYS

RND 7- WASHOUGAL, WA- MOVIES AND SUNDAYS

RND 8- OLYMPIA, WA- PRO CLINIC

RND 9- MONTICELLO, UT- TALENT SHOW

RND 10- ANZA, CA- TUG OF WAR/ BALLOON FIGHT

RND 11- SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA- BEACH VOLLEYBALL TOURNEY

RND 12- TAFT, CA- EOY YEAR BOOK SIGNING

MINI WORCS KIDS AND MOMS CLINICS

RND 1- RELAY RACES

RND2- SCRAPBOOKING FOR MOMS

RND 3- SHAMROCK SHENANIGANS (UNDER THE GREEN TENT)

RND 4- EASTER EGG HUNT

RND 5- SIMON SAYS

RND 6- SCOREKEEPING FOR MOM (COME AND LEARN HOW WE DO IT)

RND 7- MOVIES AND SUNDAYS

RND 8- SCAVENGER HUNT

RND 9- Talent Show

RND 10- SCRAPBOOKING CLINIC FOR MOMS

RND 11- HELIUM STICK CHALLENGE, CAMPFIRE WITH S'MORES

RND 12- EOY YEARBOOK SIGNING

d kelley
01-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:23 pm Post subject: final revised schedule as of today 01/10/07 Reply with quote
additional round to be held at riverdale I worked on this for a couple of months
bikes june 8th,9th,10th
quads june 15th,16th,17th
bikes at washugal have been canceled

the may race tba is being held at ZACA CALIFORNIA which I believe is 75 miles south of Taft

the taft race is being moved back one week to nov 9th,10,11th which is to be the final.

There is a but to the final race.
All Worcs Member riders, not families or day riders only active members at the first round Pheonix will vote on whether they want to do 10 rounds or 9 rounds, if they vote on 10 rounds then the final will be at taft, if they vote on 9 rounds then the final will be at Pismo. / I found this on quadsonly.com, posted by Bob Latimer. This puts 6 of 10 (maybe 5 of 9) rounds in the PST zone.

out4sand
01-12-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm stoked about the additional Washington round :D It'll be nice to drive say 2 hours instead of 28 each way.

400grl
01-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Sky Harbor is it, for airports. Phoenix is a huge city....I mean....all the cities blend together so it seems like a huge city.....

There is actually a hotel right down the street from the track....it's a new Hampton Inn, I think....look for one on Grand Avenue.....near the 303.....in Surprise.....that's alot closer if you don't want to be so far away from the track. :)

raidernut
01-12-2007, 04:58 PM
if you call the hampton right down the street from the track and tell them you are there for speed world the rate is like $50 and a nice hotel about two miles away

raidernut
01-12-2007, 04:58 PM
if you call the hampton right down the street from the track and tell them you are there for speed world the rate is like $50 and a nice hotel about two miles away

d kelley
01-12-2007, 06:40 PM
How to I get the $50 rate? I just called them and they said $99 a night.

raidernut
01-13-2007, 08:45 AM
did you say you were there for the speed world race track. not worcs but speed world. we have done this several times

QuadJunkies
01-13-2007, 10:12 AM
WORCS has it posted for WORCS racers will get a disc. on rooms at selected hotels ,but some friends of mine tried to get the rate and it too was around 100.00 per night

Have they changed the track abit since last year? A freind of mine said did a google Earth areial map of the track was abit dif layout than last year.

raidernut
01-13-2007, 10:18 AM
your friend might just be seeing the new mini track next to the big track

hanes17
01-14-2007, 09:45 PM
My brother will be number 715 and I will be number 717 this year in the Sport C, and Production C classes. My parents will be arriving with my brother on friday where I will be flying in later that night into phoenix for an amazing rate of $79 at 12:30 am so, actually it would be saturday morning, but thats what I have to do with my new job. I hope we do race Taft. Its a good track and only 30-45 mins from my house. Plus it is a big turnout.

hanes17
01-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Dang double post!

QuadJunkies
01-16-2007, 12:27 PM
If ANYONE is going that might have a pit quad,PLEASE let me know - I am looking for a pit quad as I am flying to Rounds 2 and 3. anyone racing, Ill deliver 2 free 8x12 photos mailed to your address for accomedating me :)

Im starting to stress a little since I wont hav my own ride for these two rounds since Im flying out :ermm:

QuadJunkies
01-16-2007, 12:28 PM
If ANYONE is going that might have a pit quad ,PLEASE let me know - I am looking for a pit quad as I am flying to Rounds 2 and 3. For anyone racing,(or parent ect.) Ill deliver 2 free 8x12 photos mailed to your address for accomedating me :)

Im starting to stress a little on this since Im flying out for two rounds..:ermm:

keller45
01-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Is Speed WOrld more of a MX Track or Desert/XC track?

CannondaleRider
01-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Speedworld in itself is a Motocross track, when WORCS comes to town, they run on the MX portion, then take you out into the desert, through some washes, down a flattrack backstretch, stuff like that.

It's a blast....Can't wait:D

Only 8 more days

400grl
01-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah - the speedworld course will be a good half and half mix of MX and offroad....probably more MX than most WORCS courses....but it's not too technical - and alot of fun! That flattrack is the best!! LOL!!!

d kelley
01-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Just talked to a WORCS bike racer in Phoenix. He said the track was a muddy mess today after raining since Thursday night. The ruts were deep to the pegs on the bikes! Pits are a lake and they didn't start practice until 1:30. But it looks like next weekend will be perfect weather!

400grl
01-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Yeah...it rained all day yesterday...today it's not raining, so the track will have a chance to dry out a bit - bikes like ruts anyway - lol!!!

They should have reworked the track for you guys....but i would expect some rough places that they might not get to along the course......shouldn't be raining again until after next weekend so hopefully it's nice weather next weekend. It's been COLD and WINDY here for a while......

WORCSYFZ199
01-24-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm super stoked for speedworld this weekend I'll be running Prod.A (and Open A if I don't qualify in Prod.A) and the Pro-Am on Sunday.

Ex'r Marlin
01-24-2007, 09:02 PM
I will be racing Saturday... Production B, and Sunday... 30 + B.

#259... Yellow background, Black numbers.

Don't be shy!

The weather maybe chilly for us locals... But those from other places might find it a bit warm!:eek: :D

Looks as though it will be a great event to attend... Whether you are racing or spectating!

Good luck!:)

keller45
01-28-2007, 06:34 PM
I went out there Saturday and caught the last 2 races of the Team race and the Rhino races. We just happened to be in the area. I was impressed wth what little I saw.

I wanted to make the race but i didnt have a kill switch and i wasn't sure i could talk my dad into it.

But after seeing that my dad keeps asking me when the next race is :D .

Hopefully I'll see you guys at some WORCs
or Whiplash races

QuadJunkies
01-29-2007, 09:38 PM
It was a AWESOME Round , I cant WAIT for Round 2! :macho

There was a TON of Coverage this wk end. Im sure a few of us here as well will have plenty of photos and some video in the upcoming few days. As soon as I have a moment to breath Ill post a little

400ex4ever
01-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
It was a AWESOME Round , I cant WAIT for Round 2! :macho

There was a TON of Coverage this wk end. Im sure a few of us here as well will have plenty of photos and some video in the upcoming few days. As soon as I have a moment to breath Ill post a little

Times up....LOL.

If you need a place to just kick up your feet in between moto's, Sean and I are bringing down teh Raptor this time. The Trailer just wasnt cutting it. Wish Brandon and Haley were coming down. Ze'vyer and Ashley had a blast. If you need anything, dont hesitate to ask....

Eric

QuadJunkies
01-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by 400ex4ever
Times up....LOL.

If you need a place to just kick up your feet in between moto's, Sean and I are bringing down teh Raptor this time. The Trailer just wasnt cutting it. Wish Brandon and Haley were coming down. Ze'vyer and Ashley had a blast. If you need anything, dont hesitate to ask....

Eric
Ya'll were SO awesome! It was a pleasure meeting up and Ill take you up on that!
Will Ashley and Ze'vyer be at Round 2 or 3?
We got a great group of kids this year!! :)

Well... Here is just a couple pics I took .Halren will have them all up shortly,he just arrived home yesterday as well.

WEll heres a short version of our wk end..

All I can say is WOW.... What a CRAZY wk end!!
There was so much going on ,a few mishaps for us .
I think Friday was the day from he!!.. Troys Flight canceled,breakdowns,wring issues,registering issues, Hotel room issues, and then to top it off... Brandon had to go to the ER
Brandon was in pretty bad pain with stomach so I took him in to get him checked over, by the time we sat for an hour there-he was fine so we left and he raced Sat.

Miss Kelsey (LILQJ) I think kinda shocked me a little ...she ran like a MAD WOMAN!
She had only a few hours on the quad, made some passes and back and forth with Ashley who did some very good racing Sat. as well! Kelsey and her passed 2nd and 3rd places back and forth untl the checker and Ashley got her on a jump and passed her to the checker.That was such a good race!!!
Kelsey also got put out on the WRONG UNCLASSIFIED race and ended up out there with the Pros ect... She went one lap and then had to be pulled out of the mud(Thanks Timmy!!) Hopefully Shifters running red backgrounds wont cause this confusion again but at least now she has some braggin rights! LOL!

The new Shifter class is FAST!!!Heck, all the minis were !! But he shifter was sick!

My good freind Miss Kali Riggs grabbed the holeshot in the Womens C class and held 1st place for a couple laps!!! She was AWESOME!

I think we are all spent .lol I know I got roughly 15 hours sleep in 5 days, I met a ton of great people, great kids ect...
I cant wait to go back again in 12 days!

My camcorder failed me several times this wk end. Not sure what I will do for Round 2 but ill do my best.

I coudnt have done it though without all the others who went down as well and everyone that was at the track making suremy kids got off OK. YOUR AWESOME!
If you missed Round 1,
Ya'll missed a great wk end
See you at round 2!

Oh ... and Did I mention I got a sunburn ???

:D

Heres a sneek peek at some shots I took
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/73745190.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/73745303.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/73745373.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/73747124.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/73747126.jpg

400exrider0004
01-31-2007, 04:27 PM
Looks like you guys had a ton of fun for the first round. Its to bad you couldnt make it to the Pismo Round last year.

I will be going to the Worcs Race in May-Los Olivos, the Pismo Round, and hopefully the last round at Taft. I would love to race out of state. I was wondering if the race at Los Olivos is new this year??