PDA

View Full Version : 2ply Razr mx tires. How do they hold up?

awsomeaussies
12-31-2006, 07:44 PM
I was planning on getting a set of Razr mx rear tires until I noticed there only 2ply, even the rears are:ermm: I figured for 40 bucks a tire... might as well give them a try, but would they even be worth it? The tracks over here can be pretty rocky and I do like to hit some trails once in a while and haven't had any problems at all with my mx Holeshots. Which I believe are 4ply. There actually lasting along time and still have alot of life on them... but I was just thinking of trying something different. If anyone has the Razr mx... let me know how they been holding up:)

Pappy
12-31-2006, 08:00 PM
IMO turfs are the best beater tire, for us they have held up better then the holeshots or razors

awsomeaussies
12-31-2006, 08:14 PM
I was thinking about those too! But I've heard there really bad when the track get alittle wet. And usually the sprinklers get turned on everyday during the summer:ermm: Is that true? And do you leave the tamers the way they are... or do cut some of the knobs off?

Pappy
12-31-2006, 08:51 PM
over the years I have run them both ways. when the track is wet they all sucks:p

the kendas arent working to bad either. i can remeber when turfs was the only choice besides stock:eek2:

QuadJunkies
12-31-2006, 09:38 PM
turfs are awesome tire! We still have a few set of them,I use to run mine with a set of grooved radials up front :) We have groover a set ofours and some we leave stock form. Just depends on prefence and sometimes the quads all hook up a little differently. We groomed them for out Predaotr for more rear end traction .
Also the LT450 radials are a great tire, a little more pricey but still a SWEET tire.
I have ran my Klaws for quite some time now , I really like them as well.
We have the Razr Mx, also another good choice.

awsomeaussies
01-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the advice!:)

roundsy
01-01-2007, 01:33 PM
i use my razr mxs for trailing as well and have been out a few times with them and they seemed to hold up real good for only being 2ply, better than the stockers except for less ground clearance.

hardkoratvmxr
01-01-2007, 02:53 PM
i have also used my razr mxs for some trail riding. I rode in really rocky conditions all day and hard and the tires are fine.

awsomeaussies
01-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Great to hear! I think I'm going to give them a try:macho