PDA

View Full Version : Is Rev Box worth buying

asjr39
12-31-2006, 11:54 AM
I just wanted to know if it is even woth buying. I have a HMF, and K&N filter no air box. Does it make a difference that I will notice or to small to tell? Thx

indyZrider
12-31-2006, 02:42 PM
the good ones are 300 bucks. but if you get one you will need to get double rate valve spring so you dont float a valve with the higher rpm's. then you might as well put kibble valves in it to since the stockers are junk.

rockman
01-01-2007, 11:02 AM
In my opinion you don't need one at all. The z motor just wasn't designed to rev out. It makes almost no power past the stock rev. limiter.. Sure it would with some major mods like port work and valve work, but for your stock motor you wouldn't even use the extra rpm's.. Just stating from my experiances.

YFZ450Ridr
01-01-2007, 09:24 PM
i had a white brothers one given to me when i bought my yfz. hooked it up and all it did was rev higher. sold it on ebay for 115 bucks for sombody else looking to rev thier motor 2000 rpms more. the good ones like dyna or somthing are programmable and are a pretty penny.

quadmax23
01-02-2007, 09:47 AM
thats not even cool i just order a big gun rev box for like 135 cause the guy said it would help alot
should i put it on and see what it does or just sell it

TampaBoy813
01-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by quadmax23
thats not even cool i just order a big gun rev box for like 135 cause the guy said it would help alot
should i put it on and see what it does or just sell it I put one on my girlfriends stock 400ex and it made a nice differance..we put one on my friends yahama rhino...and not only did it rev higher but gained more top speed...so I say its nice but with any thing..dont abuse it..

rockman
01-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Thats different though, the rhino needs one, whereas the ltz makes no power that high.

quadmax23
01-04-2007, 09:12 AM
what about the dyna fs programable ignitions
is that worth buying?

gclax1336
01-05-2007, 06:15 PM
I dont know what you guys are talking about up there i just put my advantage rev box in and then i went for a ride and noticed that i could accelerate harder and not to meantion the top speed that you gain out of it... i think it is worth buying

redrunner
01-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by gclax1336
I dont know what you guys are talking about up there i just put my advantage rev box in and then i went for a ride and noticed that i could accelerate harder and not to meantion the top speed that you gain out of it... i think it is worth buying

I would agree right here. Before the real motor mods I put the advantage +1000 box and definetly noticed a little more pep when I needed it.
I would say to look into the DRZe kit from Advantage cycle as stated the valves are suspect.

mscottiel
01-10-2007, 04:46 PM
if you get a cdi do not get any brand except the vortex or dyna. anything else is just a procom branded differently. the vortex or dyna is definately a good mod. it is one of those mods that does not cut back on your reliability such as a big bore piston would as long as you are not constantly hitting the rev limiter. the way a cdi gives you more power is through advancing the timing and you will feel a power increase especially if you have a filter and exhaust with a properly jetted carb. a new site out there for atv parts cheap is bigborestroker.com. the dyna ignitions are $280 on there. bigborestroker.com (http://bigborestroker.com)

was123
01-15-2007, 02:02 PM
CDI`s are great if you get one that changes the power curve but if you just get on that raises the REV limit then you are waisting your $$$$....1K isnt that much and yes you may feel a little more pep but its not really that much gain for the $$$$...

drnez
01-16-2007, 07:08 AM
I have an adjustable procom box that lets me adjust up to 2000RPM over stock. With my motor mods, I can still produce around 35HP at 10.5K RPM. This lets me stay in the gear much longer, and requires less shifting. Worth the $100 I paid for it? Sure.. But I think I was lucky to get one that actually works. If I were to do it again, I'd get a dyna.

As for the statement that says it doesnt take away from reliability. Thats not correct. Anytime you let your motor rev higher than the factory intended, its putting extra wear and tear on your motor. One way to offset this is with stiffer valve springs, stronger cam chain, and aftermarket valves. I believe the DRZe kit from advantage cycle has already been mentioned. Get that and a set of kibblewhite valves. Your motor will be rock solid.

Byte
01-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by gclax1336

I have the same box and its a must with 18 inch rears or a smaller front sproket and 20" rears.