PDA

View Full Version : deer recepies..

juanki
12-31-2006, 10:46 AM
i just got a hold of about 20 lbs of deer meet, and dont know how to do it.. i have made it before on the grill like beef, bur want something else to try to cook. thanks

400eXr1d3rZ
12-31-2006, 10:51 AM
Cut the meat into about half inch thick slices (im not exact of the size but about 1/2 the size of your hand) and put them into milk, lets the chick-fry stick, and powder them up in chick fry, throw them in a pan with hot grease and cook until golden brown.

Pappy probably knows how to do this, he'll give you more details.

Pappy
12-31-2006, 10:58 AM
what cuts of meat are you working with?

venison is a lean meat and will burn or dry very easily.

steaks, some our favorites:

turn them in flour, and pan fry them with onions

we simmer them in a mix of tomatoes, onions and green peppers and serve them over rice

steak, rice and green peppers rocks! cut steaks into thin strips and marinate in Soy sauce with minced garlic. simmer until almost done, add a sliced onion and green pepper and saute. serve over white rice and add more soy sauce as needed

roasts:

slow cook them all day in a crock pot with onions using a brown gravy mix or you can slow cook a roast all day then shreed it and ad bbq sauce. we really like to use a beef stew seasoning mix with a roast and slow cook it all daywith potatoes, carrots and onions.

ground deer:

we use this as hamburger in spaghetti , chili, you name it. sometimes its best to mix 1/3 ground beef and ground pork to the deer burger for flavoring and needed fat.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-31-2006, 11:00 AM
You could get it into sausage, they should have a place around that makes sausage. Deer sausage is great! Infact, you nkow what imma bout to go cook :D

juanki
12-31-2006, 11:04 AM
i think they are steaks, it is in the freezer, so i really dont know the cut, but i belive its steak

juanki
12-31-2006, 11:19 AM
is there a web page where i can get deer recepies step by step?

400eXr1d3rZ
12-31-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by juanki
is there a web page where i can get deer recepies step by step?

here you go:
http://www.huntingpa.com/Deer%20recipes.html

juanki
12-31-2006, 11:27 AM
nice ......
thanx

TRX_450
12-31-2006, 11:27 AM
make it into jerky and snack sticks.....:D

warrior350sic
12-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Slow cook them in mushroom soup and a little milk all day and it will be a deer meat gravey... its really good

QuadJunkies
12-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Get a food dehydrator and make JERKY!:D
And then send me some! lol

I havent had good homemade jerky in many years :ermm:

Kickstarts-suck
12-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Get a food dehydrator and make JERKY!:D
And then send me some! lol

I havent had good homemade jerky in many years :ermm:

o yea deer jerky :blah:

QuadJunkies
12-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Im sure all the hunters have there own secret to making the BEST jerky. I personally have never made it , whats the importance to maing really good jerky?
Ive had some that was EXTREMLY salty before

Pappy
12-31-2006, 08:48 PM
www.psseasonings.com

they have jerkey kits and much more. you can make it in your home oven QJ!

QuadJunkies
12-31-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
www.psseasonings.com

they have jerkey kits and much more. you can make it in your home oven QJ!

OH BOY,OH BOY... I could use some for my trip next month! :blah:

4trax250x81
12-31-2006, 11:16 PM
I also done venison by cutting the meat into like one inch cubes and then wrapping the chunks in bacon and stick a toothpick through it and then cook it on the grill. The venison will be really juicy due to the bacon. Its good!

EDIT: my buddy also makes venison bacon, that is the best bacon I have ever had!! We use that or pork bacon to wrap the meat too.

red2004 TRX450R
01-02-2007, 09:34 AM
stakes

take and salt a frying pan heat it up to sightly brown the salt.
cook the stake on one side for 3 min flip over and put one tablespoon of real butter on each stake and one tablespoon of jagermeister on each. at the same time but in chopped onion.
cook for another 3-6 min and remove stake.

keep cooking the onion and scrape the meat bits of off the bottom of the pan and mix with onion. then put onion on meat and eat.

when cooked it don't taste like jagermeister, but it does cover up the gameness and makes it sweet!!

its best with tender cust of meat - back straps,