PDA

View Full Version : Is this Normal

ShiftFMX
12-31-2006, 06:19 AM
Ok, I got my Rossier pipe on Friday, I also added a UNI filter and opened my air box. I re jetted to a 185 main, 50 pilot and a HRC/CRF Needle. It runs awesome, but some times on decel it 'gargles' a little bit. It doesn't backfire, but it doesn't sound right to me. Right now the a/f screw is at 2 1/2 turns, and i'm pretty sure the needle is on the 3rd clip

N300exJ
12-31-2006, 06:35 AM
Mine does it to. It might be normal(not much back pressure) or it might be because the quad goes a hair rich or lean once the carb is closed. I always check the plug and its golden brown with a lil black around the outside. So i really dont worry about the lil gargling it does. For now anyways

Sjorge450R
12-31-2006, 07:31 AM
my 300 used to do this. then I turned the air screw i forgot which way and it never did it again. Im sure its not hurting anything, just stay on the gas and you dont have to worry about it...lol

lumi
12-31-2006, 08:24 AM
can be becasuse of the idle aswell..... but if u can make a video i can help u more. but A/F screw and idle should help a bunch.
i wont consider this a problem and actual its normal u can only fine tune it so much.

-lumi