PDA

View Full Version : Honda TRX250R Help

TRXNICK
12-30-2006, 11:52 PM
I recently bought a TRX250R, I was out riding today when the elbow that goes into the top of the head for the cooling system popped out of the head. This is not the end from the rad to the elbow with the clamp, but the end that goes in the head. I tried pushing it back in but as soon as the system builds pressure it pops back out. Is there an o-ring that goes in there to hold it in or does it get siliconed in. It looks like there is some residue from some sort of silicone around the flange on the elbow. Any help would be great. I realy don't want to take it to the dealer. Thanks for your help.

86 Quad R
12-31-2006, 12:28 AM
the elbow is a press in fit. it sounds like someone had it pop out on them and siliconed<sp it back in. what i'd suggest is that you clean both the elbow and the head and apply some aluminum jb weld or apoxy thats formulated for aluminum.

fast250r
12-31-2006, 08:57 AM
I had this happen to me this summer. I got it back to camp and fixed it. It is a press fit item. I used a rubber mallet and tapped it in. I have had no troubles with it since.

TRXNICK
12-31-2006, 02:10 PM
Okay I tried taping it in, but it would not stay in. So I used Loctite brand black high temp silicone. It's going to take at least a day to set up, them I will try running it. If that doesn't work I think I will try the J-B weld. If that doesn't hold I guess I'll get a new elbow or try to get a different head off ebay. Thanks for your help guys. I will keep you informed on what happens. Thanks again and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

TRXNICK
12-31-2006, 03:26 PM
I thought I would show you what the quad looks like. Here is one pic. I posted more in the open forum.

deathman53
12-31-2006, 04:48 PM
why not do a spot welds on it? that should hold it in.