PDA

View Full Version : am i missing something

hemi400ex
12-30-2006, 10:56 PM
i just bought a 2007 400ex out the crate the bike runs great and strong at the bottom of the carb (choke side) i was told the middle screw was to drain the fuel but someone told me that i might be missing a jet or something to the left and up of that screw right on the corner of it is a hole am i missing something any help will be great

hornetgod13
12-31-2006, 12:39 AM
A picture might help us out a bit. The first screw you described is in fact the bowl drain screw. The second one you think is missing sounds like your describing the fuel screw. It's a recessed screw and can not be seen without a mirror. Item 6 is the fuel screw. Is this the screw you're trying to describe?

hemi400ex
12-31-2006, 12:48 AM
i don't have a pic right now but no u can see this hole its just to the left on top of the drain screw and looking at the diagram theres nothing next to the drain screw so the bike runs great so tomorrow when i go to my friends house to ride i will look again

hornetgod13
12-31-2006, 02:10 AM
I own a 2006 model and I went out and looked at mine and can see the same screw hole you described. The hole appears to have threads in it but has a closed end. Not really sure what it's for but, it does not effect the performance of the quad. I wouldn't worry about it. Here's a picture of my carb. You can see it just to the left of the drain screw and to the right of the idle adjustment screw.

hemi400ex
12-31-2006, 02:13 AM
yes, thank you, that is it, this is my first bike ever i got it the 23 of dec and just wanted to make sure so i didn't mess it up

quad handler
12-31-2006, 08:46 AM
I asked my dealer what that hole was for and he said its a casting hole, used when the carb is made during the molding process.