PDA

View Full Version : Sony Cybershot DSC-H5, ummm... yea

coolguy8769
12-30-2006, 10:06 PM
alright well for Christmas me and my dad (mainly me) got my mom a Sony Cybershot DSC-H5. Now i have been playin with it and am having some trouble. On the auto setting everythign is blury alot. Now i would think this wouldn't happen cause it has that "shake reducer." Also it has a "motion setting" but its still blury and you have to use the flash, which means you have to be liek on the track for mx. You can turn the flash off but then it gets really really dark even though its daytime.

Another problem is the flash is crazy bright. when its on everything is too bright and when its off everything is too dark. It also has a bunch of deffernt settings like " shutter speed priority shooting", "Aperture priority shooting", Manual exposer shooting", and "high sensitivity"

can anyone give me some advice? if someone has this camara PLEASE help me out!! thank you

here are some pictures of it
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/sony/dsc_h5-review/camera-front-angled.jpg

http://www.aphoto.ru/model/sony/img/sony-cyber-shot-dsc-h5.jpg

http://www.image-acquire.com/images/sc002-thumb.jpg

CannondaleRider
12-31-2006, 12:43 AM
Auto mode on most cameras is useless....for a quick pic, maybe. But for anything decent, don't use Auto Mode.

I don't have time to give a complete run down of adjustments, but just do a search on Shutter speed, and Aperature adjustments, you can find a bunch of sites with all the info you'll ever need for manual shooting.

ShiftFMX
12-31-2006, 06:03 AM
See if this (http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonyh5/) helps

awsomeaussies
12-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Here's a really good review on it...
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/sony/dsc_h5-review/

QuadJunkies
12-31-2006, 03:47 PM
I had two of the Cybershot Cameras, I personally didnt have very good results. I had blur issues all the time,mainly becuase it was too slow of a shutter.
Did you buy an Ext. warrenty? I had to get my camera replaced twice and on the 3rd one I just gave up .

Im sure they have been improved since I got mine.;)
What questiosn you cant get answered here,
Camera forums are very helpful as well.
I agree with Auto mode, I RARELY EVER use it anymore.Only sometimes for those quick shots that arent a big deal.Getting out of Auto is what I learned immediately after buying my camera :)
On my Camera I adjust the ISO for lighting ,mainly on good lighting I keep it at 100 ISO, on stuff like indoors I go with a much larger ISO
I shoot with various speeds,depending on the lights that avail. I also use Apeture Priority,TV mode on mine(for speed shots) and Manual.the larger the opening on the lense, the better for low light.Pappy can word this stuff alot better than I...lol I just go out and play alot with it .

Does the blur only accure when shooting moving objects??
She might have to pan the camera a bit

Im not the best at working what to do, I am also no Pro-but I am definatly getting alot better!:blah:
Read your manual as well... the maunal actually provides alot of useful info

mx428
12-31-2006, 04:10 PM
i had no problems at all with my h5

QuadJunkies
12-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by mx428

Mine was the Shutter kept going defective

coolguy8769
12-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by mx428

yea it seems like a great camara, i'm just trying to figure it out. I was at my brothers basketball turnament and couldn't take a picture for anything! i was starting to get mad, i was tryin to test out all the settings

QuadJunkies
thanks alot i am still trying to figure out all the ISO settings

QuadJunkies
12-31-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
yea it seems like a great camara, i'm just trying to figure it out. I was at my brothers basketball turnament and couldn't take a picture for anything! i was starting to get mad, i was tryin to test out all the settings

QuadJunkies
thanks alot i am still trying to figure out all the ISO settings
Ive had mine for a year now and there is soooo much to learn , its alot of fun though:)

Pappy
12-31-2006, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by coolguy8769
I was at my brothers basketball turnament and couldn't take a picture for anything! i was starting to get mad, i was tryin to test out all the settings

It only flash sync's at 1/60 of a second so action shots infdoors will be almost impossible

QuadJunkies
12-31-2006, 04:56 PM
Yup... I tried for a long time to get indoor/stadiuim shots would not work with my Cybershot either... I even struggled with my Rebel set up :ermm:

My new lense and flash should work much better once I figure it out a little better.

The flourescent lighting is a PITA to work with :grr:

coolguy8769
12-31-2006, 05:04 PM
yea but when i am outdoors i turn the flash off and every picture is dark, what setting do i change for this

also when i get someone to shoot my races should i turn the shutter speed up to help with the bluryness?