PDA

View Full Version : best heavy duty tie rods kit??

nicker71
12-30-2006, 09:47 PM
need a full kit. last year my stocks rods broke twice and then I bought some stainless steel rods off of ebay and then I started breaking the tie rod ends.(cost me two races) This is for a yfz 450 05. I really need something beefy. I found ricky stator kit for $199 they look really tough and I think they would be a good choice. they use greaseable ball joints. Also American Star racing has a set with hemi joints that are cheaper $119. Im mostly worried about they hemi joints wearing out faster then the ball joints, I really doubt if I could break the either one.
I race xc in mo.

http://www.quadpartsguy.com/PRTieRods.html

http://www.rickystator.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_26&products_id=263

has anyone used the asr tierods??
here are the two links please tell me what you think.
thank

prepracing
12-31-2006, 10:10 AM
you need to find a kit that uses the 06' tie rods ends, they are quite a bit bigger. I think houser makes the best tie rods

X-tech
12-31-2006, 12:34 PM
I agree. Use the '06 tie-rods. They are much beefier than the earlier models. These are also the best at minimizing your bump steer. Most aftermarket tie-rod ends for the YFZ 450 increase your bump steer.

Ed Teixeira
www.teixeiratech.com

nicker71
12-31-2006, 12:42 PM
I have a full set of 06 model tie rods and ends. while the tie rods themselves look much stronger than the 04,05 style. The ends look the same. I have to find something stronger I tried a set of quadboss aftermarket tierods ends to go with the stainless steel ones that I bought off ebay and I still broke the ends.

But I will give houser a look

how does the 06 elimate more bump steer over the other. My 06 and 05 end look the much the same

MO-EX-RIDER
12-31-2006, 04:54 PM
lonestar, houser, and check ars-fx...they all have beefy tie rods and i always use stock ends(honda)

Pappy
12-31-2006, 05:25 PM
Instigator Racing makes a nice set of tie rods. I should get a few sets to have on hand come to think of it:p

wanta450
12-31-2006, 10:09 PM
burgards are the strongest ive seen and there cheap very simalar to housers

nicker71
01-01-2007, 09:25 AM
All I have been seeing is the tie rods themselves not the ends. Finding a tierod that wont bend or break is easy. What I need is a stronger tie rod end that wont snap. Thinking about trying out the new american star racing ones because they are a bit cheaper and have a excellant warrenty.

X-tech
01-01-2007, 12:06 PM
[i]
how does the 06 elimate more bump steer over the other. My 06 and 05 end look the much the same [/B]

What I meant, was that all the stock Yamaha tie-rod ends have the least amount of bump steer that I have come across. But the '06 ends are stronger. The farther you move the pivot point (which is the center of the ball inside the tie-rod end) away from the steering stem or spindle attachment, you increase your bump steer. Most aftermarket tie-rod set-ups move this pivot point farther away. This applies to the Yamaha YFZ 450. It may not apply to other models. If you could find a tie-rod end that mounted the pivot closer to the steering stem and spindle, it would be better. To my knowledge, the Yamaha OEM tie-rod ends are the closest.

Ed Teixeira
www.teixeiratech.com

RG #43
01-05-2007, 09:18 AM
I have been running the Ricky Stators for years and won't run anything but. A good place to get them is from Micha at Desert Sand ATV.

Punk'd
01-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Or if you guys can weld, take your stock tie rods and weld a strong pipe over them. Thats what I did and have yet to bend or break them:)