PDA

View Full Version : any tips on installing hand guards

y3llow400ex
12-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Anyone have any tips for installing handguards on the throttle side. i have the clutch side on perfect but i just cant figure out the other side. the hand guards are acerbis unikos, oh and its on a 450r

oldskoolex400
12-30-2006, 09:56 PM
take your time look at it, get some people on here to send you pics of how they mounted theirs, might have to move some stuff around on your bars to get it to fit

killerofcrows48
12-30-2006, 10:03 PM
On my 400ex there was a little black piece of plastic extending from the left side of the throttle cover that I had to cut off, the handguard bracket went where that clip used to be. Other than that, just read and follow the directions and they should go right on!

rlplive
01-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by killerofcrows48
On my 400ex there was a little black piece of plastic extending from the left side of the throttle cover that I had to cut off, the handguard bracket went where that clip used to be. Other than that, just read and follow the directions and they should go right on!
Yup on the right bar your guard mount should go between your throttle and your brake mount. If there isn't enough room than do what the gent above said and cut that little black plastic piece off of your throttle.
Ryan