PDA

View Full Version : Behind the scenes....

Pappy
12-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Today was test and review day of the Kawasaki Brute Force and we decided to stay close to home, mine to be exact:p

I figured I would show a few pics of what all happens behind the scenes of something like this:p

Pappy
12-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Harlen isnt afraid of heights so he pulled ladder duty

Pappy
12-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Video comments through out the day were recorded to be posted along with the written review

Pappy
12-30-2006, 04:10 PM
It wasnt long before the test riders were getting used to the machines.

Pappy
12-30-2006, 04:12 PM
I dropped a tree across the trail so that the suspension could be tested. It was pretty neat seeing we used one rider who doesnt have Utility expierence and one that did.

Pappy
12-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Watching the testing and listening to the views expressed was enlightening.

Pappy
12-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Having both models with different tires was way cool.

Pappy
12-30-2006, 04:18 PM
The terrain was perfect for this model

Pappy
12-30-2006, 04:21 PM
The best part of 4 hours was spent riding while the photography and video was shot. The man behind Atvriders.com was all business as usual, good to see someone so dedicated to the sport and working hard to bring all the information he can get to us.

Pappy
12-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Cody was filmed for a segment and review of his 400ex MX build

Pappy
12-30-2006, 04:25 PM
We all watched Cody ride as Harlen filmed, and immediatley after Cody stopped the quad, Harlen was asking questions. You better have a script in your head before hand, he believes in getting your thoughts and like right now!

Pappy
12-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Watching all day, Harlen asked for a helmet and took a spin on the 400

Pappy
12-30-2006, 04:28 PM
I reckon Codys thoughts on his 400 needed to be verified:p

Pappy
12-30-2006, 04:30 PM
As the sun set Harlen was having a blast ripping it up. It was a great day of testing and riding, and be sure to check out the homepage for a ton of this type of thing:D

csimp3
12-30-2006, 05:35 PM
nice pics as always, man those trails made utilitys look fun

Admin
12-30-2006, 06:11 PM
It is amazing what you can get accomplished in just a few hours, but I must explain one small detail. If anyone is wondering what is attached to my shirt, they are sponge bob stickers that my daughter placed on my back while I was driving out to Kenny's and I forgot to remove them before hitting the trails.

It was an awesome day for testing, and it sure helped to have two great test riders, Kevin Hill & Casey North, to provide their honest and unbiased feedback, which is something that I don't believe we see as often anymore on many websites and magazines.

With Pappy along, I was able to set my focus on video taping and he had several locations prepared for testing, which was awesome.

Over the next three months, ATVriders.com will be releasing atleast one ATV review per week and their are some exciting models in the lineup.

Also, keep an eye on the homepage this coming week for a really cool "Day at the Office with Yamaha'" which has some killer video footage of Jimmy Blaze backflipping a Snowmobile to grass in sunny California.

Well, I will let pappy bring the news to everyone in the forum, while I prepare the stories for the Homepage.

Happy New Year
Harlen

oldskoolex400
12-30-2006, 06:15 PM
im not a big utility fan but i have to agree with csimp that really looks like yall had a blast

Pappy
12-30-2006, 06:20 PM
anyone believe the spongebob story:o

I know the two riders had fun, along with Bridget, Tina, Faith, Greg, Cody, Ryan, Jason, Austin and April:p Hope I didnt forget anyone:D

Yes, it does appear they had fun, and I want to post more pics but I want to hold a few of them back for the review(kick *** shots I might add:D )

Cody and Ryan found a track side seat:)

oldskoolex400
12-30-2006, 06:27 PM
anyone believe the spongebob story

he sure didnt waste any time getting the story straight about the sticker, sorta makes me wonder :D

just pickin man

Pappy
12-30-2006, 06:27 PM
And thank God for the weather, hard to believe its almost January!

Pappy
12-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Yep, Harlen is wanting a spongbob tatoo and just cant decide where he wants it:devil:

Cody was already to ride the new Honda 90 but time ran out on us. Maybe tomorrow we can work in that one.

quadfamily
12-30-2006, 09:10 PM
I beleive you Harlen. Every time we go to Wal-Mart my Daughter gets those smiley face stickers that the lady at the exit gives out and puts them on my back. I have to pretend I didn't notice her putting them there because she gets such a kick out of it. Like you, there's been a time or two that I forgot they were there!

Awesome pictures and coverage guys, keep up the good work!!!

QuadJunkies
12-30-2006, 11:04 PM
GREAT TOPIC!!

Thats the beauty of this site.... Always something NEW and exciting just around the corner.. :)

MOFO
12-31-2006, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the great review Pappy and Harlen!

I think you guys hit the nail square on the head. Many people, including myself would much rather see a real world article - if personal seat time is not available!

Mxjunkie
12-31-2006, 07:13 AM
Very cool! Pappy I'm coming riding when ever I get pinky :p

Pappy
12-31-2006, 08:00 AM
Yeah the cool part was listening to the interview and not hearing (oh man we cant use that he bashed something or said something bad) even afterwards you could tell Harlen was more interested in getting what the riders thought over getting some polished sales pitch.

I am no brand specific guy, and I can tell you that I spent $6500 on a machine that I am not completely satisfied with and I did base my purchase on reviews I have read in many forms of media. My own take on a machine is different then others and I bit my lip as so as to not influence in any way what the riders were stating.

I am looking forward to more testing and reviews on other Utilities, I just hope we get as lucky as we did with the Kawasaki by having them for more then a day or two. It is hard to form an opinion in a few hours or even a few days!

Guy400
12-31-2006, 08:02 AM
Looks like you guys had a good time. I can't wait to see the final article.

wvspeedfreak
12-31-2006, 03:57 PM
I showed up a little late and just caught the tail end of the utility testing but it looked like they had a great time doing it.Watching Cody rip on any quad is always entertaining and still amazes me the skill some of these young riders have.I also got to meet Greg,Casey and Harlen which was nice.I have yet to meet anyone from this site that wasn't a super nice person.And as always Bridget had a huge table full of food that I took advantage of :D

05_KFX
01-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Nice metting you too Jason along with Austin, and April...

ZSNOW
01-01-2007, 04:33 PM
wish i lived down south i would accually have friends that ride.the only people i know are my cousin ,our friend tracy, my step dad, me , tracy's wife ,and guess what they all are my next door neibers haha.but thats off topic. AWSOME reviews loved to read em!! but i need some more info on codys? 400ex that thing looks sick

Pappy
01-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Codys 400ex (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=263501)

ZSNOW
01-01-2007, 06:08 PM
AWSOME job with the build pappy and cody...i am guessing cody's knee was fine?o yah that was a great thread as always.

awsome pit bike too where u get the graphics and tires from?

LilQJ
01-01-2007, 07:57 PM
I always wondered what Pappy and Harlen looked like! :)

Does your wifes ride too? Nice quad Cody:macho

Colby@C&DRacing
01-02-2007, 09:03 AM
How did Harlen like the 400ex, Hopefully you don't need to send the shocks back for a service I don't think Harlen is 110lb like Cody ;)

Just kiddin Harlen :)

Pappy
01-02-2007, 09:26 AM
he said he liked it alot:D