PDA

View Full Version : Rekluse Owners!!!

Sjorge450R
12-30-2006, 01:11 PM
I put on in my 450r today and it doesnt seem to be working 100%correct. I mean I can hammer it and it works amazing. It doesnt stall, the front end became very light but one this. When i hammer it or put the motor under stress, it sounds/feels like something is slipping or rubbing. Is this normal. I think it may just be the balls flying out and hitting the outer plate. Not sure. Someone must have a rekluse!

400eXr1d3rZ
12-30-2006, 01:14 PM
It's possilbe it could be slipping. I'm not exactly sure though, Isn't the Rekluke clutch an auto?

Harlen put a rekluse on the ATVRiders project 450r, ask him about it.

Sjorge450R
12-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
It's possilbe it could be slipping. I'm not exactly sure though, Isn't the Rekluke clutch an auto?

Harlen put a rekluse on the ATVRiders project 450r, ask him about it.

yeah but it still uses the stock friction plates and some stock plates. Im not sure. If someone answers I will be happy.

cdrookie
12-30-2006, 03:17 PM
what kind of oil are you using? i heard they slip with synthetic, when i had just regular motor oil i had it hot and it would chatter as it was engaging. i put the recommended rotella diesel oil in and it was fine for 2 hours of abuse today.

Sjorge450R
12-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie
what kind of oil are you using? i heard they slip with synthetic, when i had just regular motor oil i had it hot and it would chatter as it was engaging. i put the recommended rotella diesel oil in and it was fine for 2 hours of abuse today.

thats the oil im running. I believe that it is the sound of it engaging but im not sure. Does it kinda sound like stuff is rubbing together? I mean it still works as its making the noise, thats what makes me think its supposed to do it.

cdrookie
12-30-2006, 03:40 PM
mine doesn't make any noise as it's engaging. can you feel and odd vibrations or anything? or is it just a noise issue? how many threads are out on the barrell adjuster?

Sjorge450R
12-30-2006, 04:20 PM
mine doesn't make any noise as it's engaging. can you feel and odd vibrations or anything? or is it just a noise issue? how many threads are out on the barrell adjuster?

none. There is a small vibration too. I parked it and I dont plan on riding it until I call Rekluse on tuesday. I may try exchanging a rekluse .44 plate for a stock plate. I think that may help if its a slipping issue

cdrookie
12-30-2006, 04:35 PM
is "none" referring to the number of threads on the barrell adj? there should be 3-4(as a general guidline). i personally like 3.

Sjorge450R
12-30-2006, 08:38 PM
is "none" referring to the number of threads on the barrell adj? there should be 3-4(as a general guidline). i personally like 3.

it was 3-4 and then I put the lock nut on.

stumpleg
01-03-2007, 08:23 AM
I'm not sure why it would be slipping or rubbing. I would sit it up again and make sure that no bolts have came out and started rubbing. When we raced mine in a 6 hour, some of the 12 little star headed bolts came out and shredded the basket and clutch cover. It took a lot diesel fuel and tranny oil changing to finally get the metal shavings out. Luckily, Rekluse sponsors me, so it wasn't expensive as it could have been, but either way, with something like this, it doesn't hurt to double check things twice.

I would also measure your gap again. I like to keep mine on the tighter side, around .30 to .34. I think the wider it is, the more chance for slippage, but I'm not sure. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sjorge450R
01-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by stumpleg
I'm not sure why it would be slipping or rubbing. I would sit it up again and make sure that no bolts have came out and started rubbing. When we raced mine in a 6 hour, some of the 12 little star headed bolts came out and shredded the basket and clutch cover. It took a lot diesel fuel and tranny oil changing to finally get the metal shavings out. Luckily, Rekluse sponsors me, so it wasn't expensive as it could have been, but either way, with something like this, it doesn't hurt to double check things twice.

I would also measure your gap again. I like to keep mine on the tighter side, around .30 to .34. I think the wider it is, the more chance for slippage, but I'm not sure. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I talked to rekluse last night and they said the noise is compleltly normal. They call it "Chattering" They said sometimes it goes away and sometimes it doesnt. My gap is dragging the feeler gauges at .035. or .35. Im not sure if there is a zero in front...lol. I will make sure I keep a check on those screws.

Also, how do you like the auto compared to the normal clutch? I still use the clutch...lol. Its kinda hard to forget about it...lol. Are you able to shift while staying on the gas? I think I still need to adjust the cable slack perfectly.

Steve

stumpleg
01-03-2007, 09:04 AM
I really like the way this performs, I lost my right leg to cancer, so I would not be able to use the foot brake. Rekluse makes a kit where you are able to put a lever on the left side, where the clutch lever was, for the brake. It has a reservoir with a two finger clutch lever that allows me to still use the clutch. I usually only use this when I am sitting still, waiting to be scanned, or waiting for a bottleneck to free up some. I also use to in a dead stop. While racing in the woods, I don't use it hardly at all, just shift up and down without the lever. I would like to try out their Z-Start Pro they have now, but will cross paths with that in the future.

A friend on mine tried to shift it while on the gas, and he says you can't do it. I haven't really tried it, I just have it in my head to let off, it doesn't cost that much time. I will have to agree with you about the cable slack, it can be a pain, especially with the two finger lever that I run. My clutch lever arm at the motor sits ever so slightly forward from the stock position (all the way back), but once the motor starts and you have pressure on it, it usually comes back.