PDA

View Full Version : I need front calipers!!

svahle
12-30-2006, 12:01 AM
Well I bought another 250r. Got it home and did the usual inspection (you know when you just take things apart for the heck of it to see just how much money you can spend on parts). Anyway, the front calipers are basically shot. In fact, they are so frozen up that I can't even get them apart.

Sooooo, I think I'll just buy some good used ones.

I do want both front calipers in good shape, not frozen up, stipped out, etc. If you have any, shoot me a price with shipping. I do have paypal.

Thanks for the help.

312R1
12-30-2006, 12:53 AM
PM sent

loboboy
12-30-2006, 10:05 AM
PM sent I have 2 sets for sale, both in good working condition. One set is still on my bike right now so you know they work. LOL LMK. here is a couple of pics.

loboboy
12-30-2006, 10:06 AM
right side

loboboy
12-30-2006, 10:08 AM
extra set on the bench

matt250r21
12-30-2006, 11:57 AM
I bet you could fix your calipers, try heating them up with a propane torch while useing the brake lever to pump the pistons out. Once you get everything apart have them beadblasted on the outside and cleaned on the inside. Then new seals and pistons. Even if the slider pins are stuck you can still get them apart. Lots of heat , PB break lube, and elbow grease will do the trick. If that dose not work I have a set of good ones for sale for $100. Let me know if you want to sell your siezed ones, I can fix them.

svahle
12-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Well here is the current status. The right caliper has been disassembled, greased, cleaned, etc. and is back up and working.

The LEFT has been a pain in the arse. I have tried everything I can think of to get it apart. The sliders are so seized up they are now bending :mad:. I realize there are those out there that may be able to get this apart but it is beyond me.

Soooo, who is willing to part with just the LEFT caliper.

Thanks for all the responses so far.

Shannon.

svahle
12-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks to everyone that responded to this thread. Its great to know that there are 250r lovers out there that are willing to jump in and try to help out a fallen comrad.

I was able to find a LEFT caliper locally. Its not in the best of shape but with a little TLC it will do for now. As indicated above, I was able to use my RIGHT caliper after some extensive cleaning and lubing.

Have a great New Year's and thanks again.

Shannon.