PDA

View Full Version : Blowin fuses..advice on tracing the prob?????

Warrior-mx
12-29-2006, 10:44 PM
The 10 amp fuse in my warrior keeps blowing!!! And theres no major power pulling parts....i dont even have headlights on it half the time. Ive taken the bike and done a look over of the wiring BUt when i did this i didnt pull the wire loom apart i jus did an outside observations of the protective covering (electrical tape from the factory) so i couldnt see ne of the wires. i checked for ne posible bad grounds and couldnt find ne i pulled apart connections clenaed and greased them (every single 1!!!) after i put the beast all back together i took it 4 a ride...NOTE its been having major stubling probs in low and top end since its started blowing fuses..but theres not many hours on each fuse b4 it blows!..Could this be a crossed wire within the loom or maybe the STock cdi box or a relay??????????????????????????????:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused:

hondaracer57
12-30-2006, 07:22 AM
check ur harness for anybare wire touching metal that would do it every time

ryanh250ex
12-30-2006, 01:52 PM
if it's blowing fuses there is some kind of electrical short somewhere in the system.

I'm no electrical guru but about 5 months ago all the rear lights went out on my Jeep. I checked the fuse, sure enough, it was blown. So as soon as i replace it, it blows again.

Long story short, a wire was pinched in the steering column, causing it to blow a fuse every time i hit the brakes.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-30-2006, 02:12 PM
A wire is grounding on someone. Check all the wires, replace it or fix it with electrical tape.

Caseys 300ex
12-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
A wire is grounding on someone. Check all the wires, replace it or fix it with electrical tape.

Hes got it. I had the same problem with my 300 and i found out that my brake light wires were touching my frame.