PDA

View Full Version : simple question

troutman561
12-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Ok so I recently sold my powerbomb header and i put the stock header back on and bought the header gaskets for it. but my question is do i just put the header gaskets in the exhaust port and put the pipe back on. Because both times i took the head pipe off during a switch before there was no gaskets in there(the first time when i put the powerbomb on the dealership put the gaskets in when i brought it for brakes, this was before i knew how to do stuff myself). So do u just stuff them in the port and put the pipe back on, because im confused on the fact that no gaskets ever came out before when i took the pipe off....

JOEX
12-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
Ok so I recently sold my powerbomb header and i put the stock header back on and bought the header gaskets for it. but my question is do i just put the header gaskets in the exhaust port and put the pipe back on. Because both times i took the head pipe off during a switch before there was no gaskets in there(the first time when i put the powerbomb on the dealership put the gaskets in when i brought it for brakes, this was before i knew how to do stuff myself). So do u just stuff them in the port and put the pipe back on, because im confused on the fact that no gaskets ever came out before when i took the pipe off....
You will probably have to pry the old gaskets out, carefully with a flat head screwdriver.

The first time I removed the header I didn't think there were gaskets in there so I put in a new set in, the header nuts didn't go on as far as originally but there but nothing leak so I left it as is. The next time I switched exhaust I removed both sets of gaskets:p

troutman561
12-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Interesting.... I stuck my fingers in both ports and felt for a gasket but didn't feel anything, just one consistent surface throughout.. Guess i will have to stick my face down in there and look again, if not ill pull the double gasket deal I guess.... Thanks for the help!

400eXr1d3rZ
12-29-2006, 10:02 PM
I took these "duckbill" plier things and it came right out, it was actually fun to take out, haha. Anyway, when putting new ones in, you have to push them as far as possible and jam the header in the ports, once you tighten it the gaskets with "seat"