PDA

View Full Version : biggest bummer ever

anderson3064
12-29-2006, 07:26 PM
so we have lived here about a month. there is a corn field behind our house with a serious amount of woods beyond that. Im talking at least 4000 acres. So we find out from neighbors that there are trails all over them woods. So me and my son set out and start riding. We are there a couple of times and another rider comes over and says there are more trails across the creek and show us the creek crossing. Now this place is looking like heaven. Fast wide trails, tight technical turns, hill climbs, creek crossing and a serious mud pit. And the bonus is the XC track that runs around all above mentioned is about a half mile long. So today me and my son go for a ride and when we come home i see a guy walking across the corn field at a direct beeline for our house. I told my son hes not walking through all that crap to chat with us. turns out hes indiana state police and we were informed that we can no longer ride back there cause the land owner has decided to market the property. Of course i will respect there wishes but It was so sweet to have a area just out our back door. Well on a high note he informed us that our county allows us to register our quads through DNR and we can ride on county roads. That being the case, gives us aceess to many more trails and my buddys land that is 7 miles away on 55 acres and they are ATV feinds so there are trails everywhere. Sorry for being long winded. Just had to vent

gbcap
12-29-2006, 07:46 PM
that does suck...

if the track is only a half mile long your talking about 4 acres not 4000.

you could make a 20 mile track around 4000 acres.

atleast you still have someplace to ride to

anderson3064
12-29-2006, 07:50 PM
the track only went aroun the stuff i mentioned, the woods kept going forever. trees dropped over sone logging roads but we didnt see a tenth of the land

Tater049
01-05-2007, 06:13 PM
thats pretty crazy, me personally i would have rode until i see something getting built. The trails just dont go away right when he sells it. They will still be there. No offense but i would still ride there.

anderson3064
01-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Tater049
thats pretty crazy, me personally i would have rode until i see something getting built. The trails just dont go away right when he sells it. They will still be there. No offense but i would still ride there.

i guess you overlooked the part about the Indiana state police beelining straight for my house. Now they know my quad, know where I live, and he lives in the area too. the only thing that will come of me continually riding the area is an impunded quad and tresspassing charges. sorry dude but I am chit out of luck

Tater049
01-07-2007, 08:19 AM
o sry i didnt know that, then i change my mind.

blasterfreak99
01-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Tater049

that is why there is only one place in New Jersey that you can ride on and they are trying to shut that one down

Tater049
01-08-2007, 07:07 PM
thats why I f****** corrected my self you ***

blasterfreak99
01-08-2007, 07:59 PM
the only reason you corrected yourself is because you wouldn't want your quad impounded. if you don't have enough respect to stay off of peoples land when they tell you to then people like you are IN FACT just making it easier for the politics to shut down our riding areas

oh and by the way i am only 14 and i have enough respect to stay off of peoples land when they tell me to

Tater049
01-08-2007, 08:03 PM
thats great for you, i just turned 15 and yes i did say that because i dont want my quad impounded. I got respect for people, but all I am doing is riding. At least im not doing drugs is always my excuse. It works but its true. If the owners of the land come up to me and say stay off my land im going to. If they dont confront me, then I am going to ride until they do.

blasterfreak99
01-08-2007, 08:13 PM
it is obviously not working for you since you must be smoking something or are you to stupid to read his posts. the STATE POLICE told him not to ride there anymore cuz the owner is marketing it out. that to me is more than enough incentive to stay off of his land.

and you must not respect people cuz if they tell you not to ride there then it doesn't matter what you are JUST doing because you should respect them enough to do so

honda4life72
01-10-2007, 05:29 PM
well i'm 14 going 15 in march and have enough sense to not argue like a bunch of idiots on the internet

blasterfreak99
01-10-2007, 08:20 PM
obviously not cuz if you did then you wouldnt have said that. obviously it is over cuz he is not going to resond back. which i am glad cuz now i know it is retarted to argue on the internet

Tater049
01-22-2007, 03:11 PM
yea so stfu you ***

blasterfreak99
01-22-2007, 08:13 PM
hey man i think we got off on the wrong foot. can we just forget about it. i didn't mean to piss you off

Tater049
01-23-2007, 12:47 PM
its okay man, i was kinda in a bad modd before this even started.

blasterfreak99
01-23-2007, 01:42 PM
kool kool

jhenry88
01-25-2007, 08:36 AM
You guys are f****** wack

blasterfreak99
01-25-2007, 01:42 PM
yeah get used to it. everybody on this site is:p

banchee dave
01-25-2007, 05:10 PM
i'm 34 years old, own my own house and land, two quads two sleds two dirt bikes and I don't ride on anybodys land unless I have permission. If I caught anyone riding on my land without my permission I will call the cops no qustions asked. it just sucks that kids are allowed to do stuff like that. riding on roads I don't really care about, but tear up my yard and we have issues.:grr:

Tater049
01-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by jhenry88
You guys are f****** wack

hey **** you

01-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by banchee dave
i'm 34 years old, own my own house and land, two quads two sleds two dirt bikes and I don't ride on anybodys land unless I have permission. If I caught anyone riding on my land without my permission I will call the cops no qustions asked. it just sucks that kids are allowed to do stuff like that. riding on roads I don't really care about, but tear up my yard and we have issues.:grr: You seem like a cry baby-callin the cops and yes i am 35 and do not call the cops if some 1 runs my trails.It best if they ask me 1st but it not like i am going to nark them out.

Tater049
01-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by lappy
You seem like a cry baby-callin the cops and yes i am 35 and do not call the cops if some 1 runs my trails.It best if they ask me 1st but it not like i am going to nac them out. i agree with lappy because you wouldnt want anyone calling the cops on you. If i see someone on my property in vermont, i dont really care. I wouldnt want them to call the cops on me.

banchee dave
01-30-2007, 04:25 PM
I most likely won't call the cops. It wouldn't do much good anyway. I'm not a cry-baby for stating my opinion. If I ran my quad threw your parents yards, what would they think? What if I didn't ask? Said screw it, blow threw the yard tearing it up or a trail doesn't matter. Some of you said you would, so I guess it's alright or makes it right. This tread is becoming a bunch of crap. Reply or don't I don't think it matters anymore. You all are going to do what you want anyways. Sad, so so sad.:huh

Tater049
01-30-2007, 06:41 PM
well you cant really ask me that question because my parents are sitting on about 50 acres in New Hampshire, so they actually wouldnt care. They never do!