PDA

View Full Version : hrc back fire????

woodsrider4ever
12-29-2006, 07:19 PM
me and my friends put in a hrc kit on his 06 450 and we put everything on right varifyed by the honda dealer that everthing was right. but when we try to start it cold and turn the engine over and hit the gas it back fires and it didnt do it before im thinking the jeting might be a little off or somting any segjustions or is this normal?

lumi
12-29-2006, 07:41 PM
is the air lid off?

all leak jet and all installed and tunning doen to carb.?

did u install a new gasket for the header could be leaking and casuing backfire, it happens sometimes?

-lumi

keller45
12-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Mine did that at first ( just installed it yesterday ) IT started after about 10 kicks.

If it won't start your timing sprobably off. You didn't move the cam chain did you?

woodsrider4ever
12-29-2006, 07:59 PM
its timed pefectly and for the carb mod we did the jet the accel bipass pump jet and needle 3 slots down it will only back fire if you hold the starter button down and then hit the gass as the starter moter is turning the engine over but thats the onyl time it does it

woodsrider4ever
12-29-2006, 08:00 PM
and yes the air box lid is off like spesified

400eXr1d3rZ
12-29-2006, 08:28 PM
From what it sounds like, it could either be jetting, timing, lack of gas, or you could have something stuck in a jet.

lumi
12-29-2006, 09:23 PM
hold on .. hold on....

ur giving gas during and while ur holding the starter button correct?

if so it probably popping from engaging and disengaging the fuel of fluel during starting and proabably and obvisuoyl casuing kcikback... if u keep that up the starter wont be there for long if it is already....

never and i mean never give gas whilke holding the starter button. the fcr carb has a automaticgas feeder so u dont have to give gas.

also dont hold the starter for than 5 seconds.

hope this helps

-lumi

kbass24emtp
12-29-2006, 10:43 PM
NEVER GIVE IT GAS WHEN STARTING!!!!!!!

woodsrider4ever
12-30-2006, 04:07 PM
it will run but when it doesnt and you hit the gas it back fires and bad i think its just to much gas in the engine?!?!?!

lumi
12-30-2006, 05:23 PM
alright...

when u give gas while the engine is cranking there a safety switch that will shut off the spark and when u release the throttle the engine will engage and cause backfire and also will cause kickback to the starter system which can only be bad.... just stay off the throttle while starting and if it dont start try using the choke, and if it still doesnt start try adjusting ur decomp.. and from there its all with ur jetting being wrong..

there shouldnt be no need to give gas during start up.

-lumi

woodsrider4ever
12-30-2006, 07:12 PM
alright thanks man you answered all my questions and more