PDA

View Full Version : Clutch problem

Gonetothedogs
12-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Hey guys, I have a problem. I put a new clutch (EBC) a new cable (motion pro) and the clutch is adjusted to have about 15mm of free play. Now here is the problem, on the first gear ingagment of first gear the bike lunges forward as if I did not pull in the clutch, after that the clutch works flawlessly. It will not do it again until it has completly cooled down and has sat. Please help, Thank you and Happy New Year. Marc

underpowered
12-29-2006, 05:36 PM
does your basket have grooves in it? that is a common problem. sometimes it is just cause it is new and sticky, but grooves in the basket will casue it too. my barnett did it right after i put it in, but i replaced the basket with a vortex one and solved it.

Gonetothedogs
12-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the reply, the basket looked real good, no grooves, if it was grooved the clutch might act this way regardless of cold start or warm wouldn't it? Thanks again.

Gonetothedogs
12-31-2006, 08:15 AM
Any other suggestions?

hondaracer57
12-31-2006, 09:21 AM
did u put the last fiber in the offset slot in the basket?cause if u didnt that would probably cause it ....

JPhonda
12-31-2006, 02:11 PM
i would say do not worry about it. i just put a new clutch in mine and it does the same thing. i have also talked to other people and they say new aftermarket clutchs do that. just what i do before i start it for the first time that day i put it in gear and then pull in the clutch and push the fourwheeler by hand without it started. you might have to give it some pretty good size pushes just to get the clutch plates to disengage. by doing this it what want to take off on you when you first start it up. its a lot safer this way. but ya dont worry about it. its just because its new

flauge
01-01-2007, 05:29 PM
I just got done putting in mine like an hour ago and its doing the same thing. When i tap it down to first it'll creep forward a lil but not too bad. It'll stop soon as i tap the brake tho. The basket looked perfect too. I guess it'll go away when it gets broken in more , right??

Gonetothedogs
01-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Thank you for the help all. Ride hard and be safe! Happy New Year!!