PDA

View Full Version : headlight problem!!!

lost boyz
12-29-2006, 03:05 PM
i have a 2004 yfz450 and i just got new headlights in today....
they were working great high and low beam!!

well i just went out to start it up to put it away and now i DONT have HIGH BEAM.... I JUST have LOW....

both high beams were working today but not now...
all i have is low...
is there a fuse that i can check for.....

what are to 2 fuses on top of the battery for....

theres 2 a left and right one side by side what are they for????
and why would i have low beam but not high....

is it ran if one high beam blows out both highs wont work????

lost boyz
12-29-2006, 09:32 PM
bump!

jshtex
12-30-2006, 02:46 PM
If in fact the switch on the bars is still working.....

Pull the bulbs out and looks to see if they are blown. It is possible that you only blew the high beam filament (sp). There are two fillaments in each bulb.

If they are burned up you will have to replace the bulbs and before you do that I would sugest checking the voltage output at the connectors for the bulbs. You need a meter that will check AC voltage (they are AC power not DC) and if my memory serves me they shouldn't go over about 15v AC. If they do you have a problem with the regulator.

I burned up two brand new Piaa bulbs (lots of $$$) in a matter of minutes one time. I ended up replacing both the regulator and the stator to get my electrical system on my 04 straightened out. When I tested mine it would go to over 30v AC when reved up.

woodsrider4ever
12-30-2006, 04:09 PM
i believe one of the fuses is a spare and the other functional i could be wrong though its easy to check

woodsrider4ever
12-30-2006, 04:09 PM
i believe one of the fuses is a spare and the other functional i could be wrong though its easy to check