PDA

View Full Version : Pic of the A/F Screw

ShiftFMX
12-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Does anyone have a pic showing what screw is the A/F Screw?? Is it the one the the right of the idle knob?

I haven't had a chance to take a good look at the carb. I'm rejetting tonight and I wanna make sure i'm turning the right one.

ShiftFMX
12-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Ok, I just took a look, is it right by that gold nut on the front of the carb?

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/ShiftFMX/DSC01698.jpg

GPracer2500
12-29-2006, 04:04 PM
The one to the right of the idle knob is the float bowl drain screw. Yes, the fuel screw is near that brass fitting. It is oriented up-down, not side-to-side.

ghott
12-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
The one to the right of the idle knob is the float bowl drain screw. Yes, the fuel screw is near that brass fitting. It is oriented up-down, not side-to-side.

Precisely. It is adjusted with a small flat screw driver. To adjust/see the A/F screw, you must loosen the carb boots, and rotate the bottom of the carb towards you.

thump4863
12-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by ghott
Precisely. It is adjusted with a small flat screw driver. To adjust/see the A/F screw, you must loosen the carb boots, and rotate the bottom of the carb towards you.

Or get a small flat blade screwdriver that will fit between the carb and motor. That way you don't have to move the carb.

ghott
12-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by thump4863
Or get a small flat blade screwdriver that will fit between the carb and motor. That way you don't have to move the carb.

That would work as well...if he knew exactly where the A/F screw was. I recommended rotating the bottom of the carb out, not only for ease of adjusting...but so that he could see exactly where the A/F screw is recessed in the carb for future reference.