PDA

View Full Version : 450r and yfz parts,58 impala valve covers

brandon34r
12-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Pappy i got a set of valve covers off a 58 impala i need coated,as well as some other stuff.For the vavle covers they need to match the car almost perfect if you can.The color is brandywine,with a goldflake in the paint.I will attach a pic of the car if it would help at all.

now for my 450r...

gloss black IMS heels
gloss bacl grab bar
Kawi green/trans blue fade of some sort on 9" burgard beadlock rings.I think it would look alright.

for the yfz...

gloss black IMS heels
gloss black AC nerfs
Gloss back T-9 front wheels
gloss black douglas 8 inch beadlocks with trans blue rings
trans blue Lonestar +2 arms

let me know if you can do that brandywine color with goldflake or if you have something close.

thanks pappy

Pappy
12-29-2006, 01:18 PM
I cant match a paint like that exactly, and I would have to almost see the car in person to know if I can get close.My first geuss would be a candy red over a silver basecoat with gold flake prizm

IMS Heel Guards $25 for the set
Grab Bar $10
Rings in a fade with 2 translucents....$25 per ring

Gloss black IMS Heel gaurds $25
Gloss black AC nerfs $45
Gloss back T-9 front wheels $40(pair)
Gloss black douglas 8 inch beadlocks with trans blue rings $60 (pair)
Trans blue Lonestar +2 arms $55

brandon34r
12-29-2006, 02:56 PM
I'd say we can try that color for the valve covers for now.How much would it be to do both of them.I talked to my buddy who has the parts for the yfz to coat and he said it would be in 2 or so weeks when it gets colder up here when we send the rest of the stuff down.

Pappy
12-29-2006, 02:58 PM
without seeing the covers, a geusstimate would be around $35 each

brandon34r
12-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Alright,their not that big and they are chrome.They will be cleaned tomorrow and I can get a pic up if that will help you price wise.

brandon34r
01-02-2007, 11:43 PM
ok pappy,today when I get to the post office I will be sending out a set of ims heelguards,misc.bolts,grab bar,front sprocket,and the vavle covers

Heelguards-satin black

5 engine mount bolts-molycoated

Grab Bar-satin black

Front 13t sprocket-molycoated

Valve covers-candy red over silver basecoat with gold flake prizm

Will include return address and also will be paying with a money order.

Thanks pappy,
Brandon

brandon34r
01-03-2007, 11:37 AM
ok pappy i just sent everything listed and them some.I also included...

yfz IMS bumper-satin black

yfz grab bar-satin black

yfz front sprocket-molycoated

let me know when you get the stuff and what the damage will be.If ya could,price the stuff together so I know to send 1 single money order and price them seperate for me also please so I can let my pap and friend know how much their stuff cost too.

Pappy
01-03-2007, 06:28 PM
10-4

brandon34r
01-07-2007, 04:23 PM
any news on my box showing up? I did priority mail and they said it would be there in 2 days.

Pappy
01-07-2007, 04:29 PM
If it came USPS, I will get a slip that I have to go pick them up. It will more then likely be in tomorrows mail run

brandon34r
01-08-2007, 03:48 AM
yeah it came priority mail,how comes you have to pick up usps stuff?

Pappy
01-08-2007, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by brandon34r
yeah it came priority mail,how comes you have to pick up usps stuff?

because i dont want boxes left by the mail boix that are to big to fit:p my mailbox is 3/4 of a mile from my house:p

brandon34r
01-09-2007, 03:13 AM
hey jeff,

I dont know why it says my pm box is full.It says on my screen its only 33% full. and i have not a single new message in it.:huh

anyhow,I sent the bars out the other day and hopefully you should see them pretty soon.sorry for not getting back to you,I'll have to see whats up with my PM box

brandon34r
01-09-2007, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
because i dont want boxes left by the mail boix that are to big to fit:p my mailbox is 3/4 of a mile from my house:p

man you gotta drive almost a mile to your mailbox?and here I thought I was in the middle of nowhere out in the sticks:p All I got inbetween me and my mailbox are some barns and a couple of my neighbors goats!

Pappy
01-10-2007, 09:29 AM
try clearing your "SENT" items

brandon34r
01-12-2007, 12:43 PM
my PM box is being funny.I thought I sent you a pm stating that i sent about 7 or 8 items out and didnt get a tracking number for either one of them.It told me it was sent but ya never know.USPS never has the tracking numbers up anyhow for you to view them while in transit.I dnt know why you didnt get them,I sent out priority mail like I do for everything.I know I had problems with the post office I go to before.Its just a little general store maybe he didnt send em out the day I went over to him,It happened to me before.Anyhow I'm sorry you had to buy other bars now,I do kinda feel like an ***.I hope they will be of some use to you once you get them.

vze2hnvz
01-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Don't worry about it. No prob there, I will put them to use. I needed another set anyway. The post office hasn't really been too reliable for me as well lately. Most likely their at fault. I'll go back and clean up my posts in here and let you know via pm when they arrive. Thanks,

Jeff

brandon34r
01-13-2007, 02:22 PM
hows the parts comin along pappy?Just wondering if you got a price list breakdown so I can send you a check or money order.I'd like to send the check before the parts are done so I can get them back asap since its still warm around here:cool:

Pappy
01-13-2007, 02:31 PM
They are still sitting in line, but I will look them over and get you a price

brandon34r
01-21-2007, 04:11 PM
hey pappy you get around to making a price list yet or am I going to assume that they are free?:devil:
ha just kidding if ya didnt get around to it no problems,dont rush cause everyone needs a break soemtime

Pappy
01-21-2007, 04:33 PM
not an issue of needing a break, but i try and take sundays off:p

i still have not even opened your box, i usually dont until i am prepared to work on that job etc. having parts from 30 different jobs going at once is just asking for me to either coat the wrong parts or get them mixed up with each other etc. ofcourse, i dont think i could mistake 58 impala parts for quad parts...lol

the way im sitting right now, this week will be busy but it looks thus far that alot of jobs will finish up and i can get started on prepping more, and yours will be among them! (im kinda of curious to do your job, i like new stuff:p )

brandon34r
01-22-2007, 03:00 AM
thats cool,like i said no rush I just needed an estimate so I could send you some cash now instead of waiting till thr parts are done.Could it be that I am the very first person that your shooting some valve covers for a car?

Pappy
01-22-2007, 06:06 AM
nooo, but its probably the oldest set ive worked on:p alot of guys buy those el cheapo chrome valve covers and quickly realize they are plated crap and get them pc'd .

brandon34r
01-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Ohhh I see,these were really expensive chrome covers but my pap has louvers in his hood and when it would rain the water would hit the covers and just trash them.Hopefully he will have better luck with the powdercoating.

Oh and he asked me how much it would cost to also get the brake master cylinder coated in the same color as that is also discoloring.

Pappy
01-22-2007, 01:35 PM
if its just the top of the mastercylinder, its would be about $20

Pappy
01-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Got the parts unboxed and started working through them. Shouldnt be a problem from what I see. I was also able to get the IMS logos off without damage so they can be reinstalled once coated.

brandon34r
01-28-2007, 09:14 AM
alright,cool I was gonna ask you about the logo's but forgot.

Pappy
01-30-2007, 04:09 PM
any chance of you posting a few more pics of the cars paint?

brandon34r
01-30-2007, 04:54 PM
I dont have any really good ones on the computer,tomorrow after work I can run down to the garage and snap a few up close pics with the flake and everything in it.my pap would also like the brake cylinder.I might be able to sacrifice a part off the car to box up with the other part to send down so you could get an accurate match.It would proly be a trim piece but it should help you out.I'd say hold off on the valve covers for now un til I can send that other stuff down if it wouldnt be a problem.

Pappy
01-31-2007, 05:17 AM
no prob here, the weather shut me down last night so send it when you can.

Pappy
01-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Dont take this as being dicky towards you, i just wanted to show how some of these parts show up and why some jobs take longer etc.

These calipers soaked in pb blaster for days so the pins would release, then were diassembled and washed(several times):p before being media prepped.

brandon34r
01-31-2007, 11:59 AM
I dont think my parts looked like them calipers,but I did'nt have too much time to clean them as good as I woulkd have liked.Like I said before anyhow,I was in no rush for them to get back to me

Pappy
01-31-2007, 12:26 PM
LOL..no, your parts were fine, i just felt like posting how bad some things come in:p i dont think there was a drop of oil on the valve covers!

brandon34r
01-31-2007, 02:12 PM
oh,ok I was just wondering cause I know before how you said it bugs you when people don't take the time to clean the parts and such.I don't even know why I have a 4 wheeler because I think I spend more time cleaning it than riding it,and I ride it alot!I guess you could call me a neat freak:huh

Pappy
01-31-2007, 03:09 PM
some of the small stuff being completed

Pappy
02-15-2007, 04:34 PM

brandon34r
02-15-2007, 05:07 PM
lookin good,can I get a close up of the goldflake init

Pappy
02-15-2007, 05:09 PM
not with the flash, it will just come out like pink or red dots..lol

brandon34r
02-15-2007, 05:11 PM
ok thats fine,whats the damage for the valve covers?Any chance you got the other stuff done in matte black

Pappy
02-15-2007, 05:27 PM
i think i have everything done except the imp bumper, it had to go to the burn off oven

brandon34r
02-26-2007, 04:21 AM
I sent the money down thursday night with priority mail.I put it in a box with an old stator that I had laying aroundf to add some weight.Let me know when ya get it and send everything out.You by any chance have a pic of everything powder and moly coated?

Pappy
02-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Brandon, I received the $$, thank you!

I did not however take any more pics as the parts were boxed immediatley afetr coating so they wouldnt get mixed in with other work being completed etc.

here is the DHL# 20346947456

brandon34r
02-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Alright sounds great.I will snap a pic of both quads and possibly the car if weather permits and post them up.If my pap is liking the valve covers enough(which I think he will)He will be sending the brake M.C. down sometime for the same color as the valve covers

brandon34r
03-01-2007, 10:03 PM
got everything today and it all looks amazing.I think my pap is going to sleep with the valve covers tonight!He will be sendiong a break booster and some bolts to get molycoated pretty soon.Only thing I am missing are the IMS panels for the yfz heelguards and my front sprocket that was to be molycoated.

Pappy
03-01-2007, 10:37 PM
i accidentally shipped your front sprocket to lonestar r...he is sending back here so ill get it off asap

the ims gaurds usually are not reusable as they glue them on and then rivit them. ims will send you new ones if you call them!

Originally posted by brandon34r
I think my pap is going to sleep with the valve covers tonight!

^ thats what its all about!

brandon34r
03-01-2007, 11:31 PM
alright cool,It's no big deal and no hurry.I have other sprockets laying aorund that i use too.I'll call IMS right away and get some new ones sent out.My pap loves the valve covers so much he is already starting to tear some of the other parts off under the hood for some powdercoat.He wants the booster the same color as the valve covers and then a bunch of misc. bolts moly'ed