PDA

View Full Version : Buttercup?

the*ovenman
12-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Anyone going to Buttercup this weekend? I will be there!

Glamis400ex
01-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Hey, just wonderin'....why do you like Buttercup? It's so small and gets chewed up really NASTY after all those people go thru in a weekend.

the*ovenman
01-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Just because I really have only been there and to mammoth wash. And all I here about Glamis is that its a bunch of drunk people but I have never been there(Glamis) so I dont really know.

red_rider38
01-11-2007, 08:30 AM
I am a Glamis regular. As long as you stay away from Oldsmobile Hill and Competition Hill you won't run into any drunks. I was there in Thanksgiving and parked in wash 21 away from ppl. My lil brother and friend cruised the whole dunes and didn't run into ppl. 99% of the drunks will stay at Oldsmobile and 1% at the flats. This weekend they're having a clean-up. I am also going out on the 27th. Lemme know when you're riding, lets do a ride.

the*ovenman
01-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Ok Sounds good! Not sure when I will be going next but I am thinking of going on a trail ride with some folks from this website its Bee Canyon trails and they are going on the 20th. But I may have to work so not sure if I will make it or not.
Thanks
Jeff

250r4life
01-11-2007, 12:25 PM
i disagree... the drunks arent just at olds... you would be surprised how many drunk people actually go and dune...

also, straight to heck with parking in the washes- especially on a big weekend... i would rather go to buttercup than go and park in the washes... gecko is much better...

red_rider38
01-11-2007, 12:48 PM
I am sure you're right about the drunks. I do like Glamis enough to go park in the washes. Gordons Wells is also an excellent choice. Its easy to find a camping spot and the dunes are bigger. Bigger as in square miles, and you can ride to Buttercup. I'll probably go to Gordons next time.

250r4life
01-11-2007, 01:05 PM
glamis is cool for the area- i just dont like the people at glamis... theyre a bunch of idiots... the one time i parked at the washes i had people screaming by my truck at 100 mph, only 10 feet away from me... i like gecko, and i only go on slower weekends to glamis...

i prefer gordons well, but usually go to glamis a trip or two a season, and buttercup a trip or two a season

the*ovenman
01-12-2007, 05:59 PM
i like gecko, and i only go on slower weekends to glamis...

What/where is Gecko?

the*ovenman
01-12-2007, 06:00 PM
i like gecko, and i only go on slower weekends to glamis...

What/where is Gecko?

Quadster450
01-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by the*ovenman
What/where is Gecko?

I believe it refers to a road in the Glamis area

loboboy
01-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Gecko is where we camp when we come form Kansas. I have never camped anywhere else and I won't either. I have been down towards the washes and other areas and they are way too dusty for my taste.

HB416EX
01-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Glamis is cool but stay away from Old and Comp if you don't like drunk Mexicans.98% of the people there don't even dune they just take the main roads to the big hills.I didn't want to go to Glamis at first because of what I had heard about the crazy people but it's not bad at all.

HB416EX
Glamis is cool but stay away from Old and Comp if you don't like drunk Mexicans.98% of the people there don't even dune they just take the main roads to the big hills.I didn't want to go to Glamis at first because of what I had heard about the crazy people but it's not bad at all.

HB416EX

mephyst
01-20-2007, 03:09 AM
I will never camp in the washes again... Gecko road is the only way to go. My family hates big weekends at Glamis, and since it is nearly impossible to get a spot on Gecko unless you go 5 whole days before the actual holiday weekend to get a spot it's just not worth it. I have enjoyed the party scene at Glamis a lot, but it's not for my family and I have been there enough to not care about it anymore... So no more holiday weekends out at Glamis for me and the family for now...

If you want a good time away from a bunch of drunk idiots you can also go to Dumont.

red_rider38
01-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Gecko road is the road that the ranger station is on. Glamis is not that bad overall. Its only the places were there is a high concentration of people. I park in the washes in Thanksgiving Weekend and had no dust. Heck, the closes camp to me was 100yds away. If you really don't know Glamis enough, Gordons Wells is perfect for families.

250r4life
01-22-2007, 01:09 PM
im going to glamis this weekend... parking at gecko