PDA

View Full Version : crf450 or 450r engine?

joeb23
12-29-2006, 11:32 AM
Well im planning on making my 400 a hybrid and was wondering which engine I should put in it. I know that the crf motors are more expensive for some reason. Someone give me some input please.

CHEVYZ
12-29-2006, 11:47 AM
The CRF engines are built to perform, but at a sacrifice of reliability-in a quad especially. The 450r engines are extremely detuned and therefore do not perform as good. The CRF engines are built for bikes, they have lighter gears, geared for a bike, setup to perform from the factory. Due to the way they are each built I would have to guess that the CRF engine would always be a better performing engine.

It is your choice as to which. If you are looking to have a ripping bike, I say CRF. If you are looking for good performance without such a sacrifice in reliability, then I would recommend the TRX engine.

trick250r
12-29-2006, 11:58 AM
if you wanna go faster get the crf... if you wanna go faster for longer, get the 450r engine and build it up.

outacontrol
12-29-2006, 12:10 PM
i have a crf motor in my hybrid with no regrets! the crf is a lot stronger and pulls harder than the trx. mine was sent to baldwin for him to do his magic and i have no issues at all with it. time will tell i guess.

deathman53
12-29-2006, 02:43 PM
I did something to the transmission gears in my hydrid. Its stuck in neutral, but again, this motor probably had 100 hours on it before I bought the dirtbike it came from, I put about 60 hours on it. I also put on a big bore kit and ported the head. They say that the transmittions don't hold up to atv use as long as a transmittion designed for a atv would.