PDA

View Full Version : what should i do to my ltz

ZSNOW
12-29-2006, 08:21 AM
since my race quad is about as maxed out as i wanna have a quad to only race for 3 years.i wanna start hopping up the ltz so i could race it when i get older but for now its mainly for trails(any suggestions on tires suspention plastic engine moddes etc.???

Villageidiott23
12-29-2006, 11:53 AM
open the air box up, get urself a filter,, yoshi the *** of the bike and rejet. and then cam it. or if ya want to work the handling get the shocks reworked, with some arms maybe a new swinger.

ZSNOW
12-29-2006, 11:57 AM
i can't open up my air box.its very wet and muddy here

montycarlo
12-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
i can't open up my air box.its very wet and muddy here

If you want to get more grunt out the back then you need to have more snort in the front. :D You'll have to think of something.

There are airbox lids out there that are vented with a K&N filter in the lid and an outerwear cover over it. That should be good for anything except underwater.

ZSNOW
12-30-2006, 10:13 AM
i will look into the air box lid.what else should i do?

12-30-2006, 10:30 AM
yoshi full system, k and n filter with outerware , outerware airbox cover, cams, wider a-arms, nerfbars, razrs all around, stronger axle

YFZ450Ridr
12-30-2006, 01:06 PM
on my z400 i ran a uni filter with an outerwears and no airbox lid. same setup i use on my yfz and all my buddies on 450rs too. we ride in the rain, creeks, w/e you name. it its always wet and muddy but with the outerwears water has a hard time getting in.

first thing i would do is get the intake and rejet. tons more balls for the weak stock z. next pipe it, takes care of the low end(even a slip on does fine) then id go for tires, razr 2s are what i ran on the Z and did great. or knarlys or anything like that work good in woods.
a new cheap set of bars too is always good i never liked the stock ones, weird bend. skid plates are your friend in the woods, just a belly and swingarm will do fine. next id go nerfs so while your in the woods trees cant get wrapped around your bike, they bounce off the nerfs. thats a simple set up for XC and should get you off to a nice start. shocks will be your number one best improvment though if you can fork out the dough!

ZSNOW
12-30-2006, 02:59 PM
thanks you for the info YFZ450Ridr thats the kind of info i was lookin for i got a white bros slip on on its wat here.the uni filter helps that much?

YFZ450Ridr
12-30-2006, 04:25 PM
its not so much the filter, its taking off the airbox lid. letting that much more air in and rejetting makes a world difference! good luck bro

drzoo2
12-30-2006, 06:33 PM
The airbox cover makes a world of difference on the z. Take yours off and try running it. You won't get it into half throttle without rejetting. The K&N power lid ships with a 155 and 160 depending on elevation. No lid at all would be a little more.

z

ZSNOW
12-31-2006, 05:54 AM
witch one would you suggest for gncc where he conditions change so often?