PDA

View Full Version : Jake250ex

joshyz125
12-29-2006, 01:06 AM
He advertised a Nitro RC truck
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=270360
he said it needed a shock, so i got there,we meet locally, all kinds of other stuff was broken on it. I offered him a lower price, He took it, last thing i asked him,
DO THE ELECTRONICS Work,
He said yes, i took it up to hobby town, and they dont' work either,
So i called him, let him know that i would like to get my money back, and i would bring him the truck back, it wasn't what he had advertised, and that since the electronics didn't work ontop of everything else, i just wanted my money back, and i would give him the truck, He said ok, i told him i would call, and meet with him after christmas,
I have called his house twice now, the first time, his dad answered, acted all mad about it, i acted very professional about it, and told him my side, he said i would have to talk to jake, and hung up on me, i called back the next day, asked for jake, he wasn't there, asked his dad to have him give me a call, but jake hasnt called me back, they cashed my check, and at this point i think he's just screwed me, and i won't see the money, But if he does give me my money back, i'll be sure to post that,
But i Wouldn't take his word for anything at this point.

derekhonda
12-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Sucks you got taken. But why did you still buy even after you noticed numerous other things wrong with it? Jake always seemed like a nice guy, take care of it man, don't ruin a good name over a little bit of money.

joshyz125
12-30-2006, 09:31 PM
He lied, and i'm not mad about the first parts broken, think it was a little shady of him not to say anything about it, but i delt with that, that's not my problem,

My problem is that he told me the electronics worked, The Receiver doesn't work at all, and neither does the Steering servo.

If he would call me back and give me my money back, no harm no foul, but i called, his dad answers the phone, and jake won't call me back,
he calls me back, and gives me my money back, i'll make sure i post that he was an honest guy about the situation,
But at this point, he's not,

skippy
01-08-2007, 01:48 AM
he want to trade me his predator for my mustang Gt

joshyz125
01-08-2007, 01:53 AM
i have learned i wouldn't trust a word he said,

i'm sure you got the jist of what happened from reading everything,

but i feel he screwed me, i didn't get screwed for a bunch which is the only good thing, but i would hate to see somebody get done over by him for more then what i did.

Chin_Chilla
01-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
after you telling your side of it heres mine.

here is the ORIGINAL sale thread

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=270360&highlight=stampede

I said the shock was broken in the ad, said it needed a couple things and to my knowledge, thats honestly all that was wrong with it. Your complaining about things that cost less that $2, AND that you still purchased the truck over once you saw it needed them, and you wanted to hassle me about $25 bucks. Did you think I was going to hold you at gunpoint until you bought my truck? My price was 75 firm but I let it go to you for 50 and before you bought it I told you it sat around forever and when I put it up everything worked. I NEVER advertised any kind of warranty or anything with it, i said it had been wrecked and needed a couple things.

And my dad never acted mad at all, he told me axactly what happened and what was said. sounds like you trying real hard to church up this story to drag my name thru the dirt. I guarantee I coulda shipped this thing across the states and who ever bought it wouldnt have whined about it like you are.

I have been ripped off for $400 over the internet thru someone I had never met before, parts I had never seen and I sent him a COD, and I made one thread about it in the feedback forum, I didnt invade everything he tried to do on the boards. The sad thing is your probably 10 years older than me and your the one being immature about it.

NOW, search this thread over rrreeeeaaaallll good. Tell me if anywhere you see something about a refund if you arent satisfied. The thing that makes it even worse is you bought it off me in person. If you were that concerned why couldnt you have said no and thought about it or brought some batteries to test it out?

Im gonna leave you all with this as a closing note. When I met him to give it to him, he looked it over and picked out every flaw on the truck, I gave it to him for under a third of the cost of the motor and now this. But, what I was getting at is these exact words came out of your mouth - "Its a little rougher than I expected, I cant give you $75 for it." we agreed on 50.

youve already got the thing sold for what you gave me for it anyway. So can you say it was honestly that bad of a deal? Do you think someone besides you has ever bought something off someone and wasnt satisfied with it, do you think theyd call the guy up over a personal sale (much less a tiny one) and say I want my money back?

Get real dude... Honestly, it doesn't matter if its $1, or $100,000. If you screw anyone off for any amount of money, I'm SURE they would be pist. The fact that he asked you if the electronics worked, you reply yes, and it turns out those don't work either, you just flat out lied about a product you are selling. It's a matter of being responsible, honest, and trustworthy and it seems to me that your are not any of those by the way this has gone. The LEAST you should do is refund his money, not come on here and act all innocent and make fun of him for wanting his money back. The fact you say "It's only $50" doesn't make a difference. Money is money, and $50 is $50.

As for this being "that bad of a deal", this is a very bad deal. You saying things on it "work" and him testing it and finding out it doesn't work, yea that's pretty much a bad deal and deserves AT LEAST a refund. Grow some b^lls, give the man his refund for a worthless product, and go on with your life.

m.h.s.c.#527
01-13-2007, 06:36 PM
yea dude give him his money back its stealing ur stealing his money

joshyz125
01-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Nice job editing your original post, Good thinking,

joshyz125
01-13-2007, 07:27 PM
1. in the original you said something about the shock being $5,
So i KNOW you edited it,

2. as far as parts, just the electronics that you claimed worked were about $60 bucks. Not $2

3. I never seen the word FIRM in ANY of your ad, infact,
"make me a REASONABLE offer, and its yours"
were your exact words

4. i KNOW if you would have shipped it the way it was to ANYWhere accross the states they would have complained, I PROMISE you that.

5. Just coz you got ripped off doesn't mean it's alright to rip other people off

6. I guess being 24 years old, i should have known that trusting somebody's word is not the best thing in the world to do.

7. I did buy it off you in person, which makes it worse that you can lie to a guy straight face,

8. I called you, when i was walking out of the hobby store, you said, that your Intention was NOT to screw me over, and that we would meet up and you would give me my money back.

9. And i think you helping run your own name in the dirt now, i just want my $50 back.

10. church it up? You not calling me back, you lieing to me? You taking my money? Do i really need to church that up?

joshyz125
01-14-2007, 09:00 AM
oh my god, that was the last thing i asked, "All of the electronics work right", You said Yes,

The thing missing from the Controller was the Frequency Crystal, which was missing from the truck also. They won't work without them, WON"T, And if you think that it did work without them, your crazy. SOMEBODY pulled them out, might not have been you, but somebody took them out of the truck. I put a set of those in it, the crystals are not a big deal,

The $6 for those is not what i am worried about, it's the Receiver on the truck, it doesn't work, DOESN"T work, that's almost $60, And the steering servo doesn't work, the only thing that did work was the throttle servo once i put a differant receiver on it.

Yes, i want my money back, i tried to be a grown up about it, Called, told you the problem, was nice about it, 3 phone calls, one to you, 2 to your dad, you never called me back, if you could have been a grown up, called me and give me my money back, you would have avoided all of this, and infact, i would have said you were a nice guy,

$50 might not be important to you, i work for my money, and don't like it when people screw me over for it.

about your ebay account, i don't care, doesn't matter, that has NOTHING to do with what's going on here.

I would not expect to keep the truck, any reasonable person wouldn't expect to keep the truck, you get the truck back when i get $50 in cash in my hand.

i hope you do get more for it,

joshyz125
01-14-2007, 09:38 AM
i'm done arguing also, i just want the money back,
I'll ship it, through the post office, and i'll make sure to post a Tracking number.

You can send a check, But i will make sure to wait a few days so
there's no stop payment done on it.

joshyz125
01-14-2007, 09:53 AM
i PMed you my address

joshyz125
01-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Just wondering when you might send my money back?

joshyz125
01-26-2007, 04:04 AM
we'll, he deleted all of his posts, but he said he was going to send me my money back, i have 2 pm's saying so, but it's been 2 weeks since the first one, 1 week since the last one, and i haven't seen anything in the mail yet, we're only a county away, so it's not still in the mail.
Guess i shouldn't be surprised

04'400ex'er
01-26-2007, 05:23 PM
You and your buddies TAKE A DRIVE!

joshyz125
01-26-2007, 05:30 PM
If all it took to get the money was driving up there, i would but i don't know where he lives, i met him 1/2 way coz i was on my way to work,

i don't want to argue or fight with the guy, i just want him to give me the money back so i can give him the truck back.

Jake250ex
02-02-2007, 09:19 AM
I got the truck back yesterday

joshyz125
02-02-2007, 04:04 PM
I got the money back, and everything between us is squared away.

Jake250ex
02-05-2007, 10:44 AM
can we get rid of the thread now?

derekhonda
02-12-2007, 09:26 PM
a month and a half later its finally resolved. maybe it should be kept to see how you handle things.

Jake250ex
02-19-2007, 11:28 AM
resovle things by giving him the money back, even though I have a million other things to take care of and and I didnt agree with it at all?

I think the least I deserve is to have my name cleared.