PDA

View Full Version : Riding Pants

kcalexan83
12-28-2006, 08:55 PM
I am looking to buy a pair of riding pants and was wondering what type to get. Over the boot or the kind that you tuck into the boot?What do you guys think. Thanks

ShiftFMX
12-28-2006, 09:01 PM
I have always like the Over the boot style ones, but I recently got a pair of 2007 shift assault pants (in the boot style) for xmas, and i have grown to really like them. Go to the store and try some on and see what ones you like better.

CRich[814]
12-28-2006, 09:02 PM
thor static gear. its like fmx styled pants that you can zip the bottoms off for summer.

suzukigirl
12-28-2006, 10:35 PM
it depends what kind of riding you do...for mx i really like the in the boot kind, but for trails i think the over the boot kind would be better...depends what you like

csimp3
12-29-2006, 01:12 AM
i have two pair of over the boot stlye, and one in the boot, for me, the over the boots are far more comfortable and they are really all i wear, i have a pair of the shift ones, and a pair of the thor static ones, the thor ones are way more comfotable, the shift ones are just too thick, they dont move well, actually, im going to be buying another set of thor static gear in a different color just cause i like it so much

(300 posts, woo-hoo!)

mole97
12-29-2006, 01:21 AM
let me ask you guy's this? I have 2 pairs of o.t.b's and 2 pair mx style. I like the o.tb's but BOTH of mine on the bottom leg by the exhaust are both burnt and falling apart. I dont have any problems with my others. Does anyone else have a problem with their pants getting messed up? But I do like the o.t.b. style.troy lee or shift my 2

N300exJ
12-29-2006, 06:38 AM
I have shift, four, and smp gear. I love my shift squadron gear more than my shift recon gear. the squadron gear has held up way better than the recon gear. The pants are thicker espcially on the inside of the lower legs. The four gear i have are the razor pants. There like the recon pants that there not very thick. Both my recon and four razor pants have tiny burn marks from my pipe. The smp pants i have are free riding pants and they have been great so far. Best thing is that they all turn into shorts for the summer(except the smp pants). Its great riding in shorts when its 80+ degrees out. And i find free riding pants to be way more comfortable to mx pants.

FourFiftyFour
12-29-2006, 06:54 AM
For practice I generally wear over the boot kind...when I race I normally wear in the boot. I wear Thor or Shift.

300ex_#387
12-29-2006, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by mole97
let me ask you guy's this? I have 2 pairs of o.t.b's and 2 pair mx style. I like the o.tb's but BOTH of mine on the bottom leg by the exhaust are both burnt and falling apart. I dont have any problems with my others. Does anyone else have a problem with their pants getting messed up? But I do like the o.t.b. style.troy lee or shift my 2

Every single pair of shift pants that are over the boot I have seen like that. They start off just getting burnt, then it turns into the whole bottom leg part being torn apart.

HondaEXrider22
12-29-2006, 09:06 AM
Jeans and workboots.

mole97
12-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Every single pair of shift pants that are over the boot I have seen like that. They start off just getting burnt, then it turns into the whole bottom leg part being torn apart. EXACTLY! Started as a little burnt ,now, there just good for shorts!:ermm:

440racer66
12-29-2006, 08:58 PM
i hate the over boot ones idk why but i ride with msr gear fox shift and thor i like them all

JOEX
12-29-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22
Jeans and workboots.
That's how I used to ride until I got some 'riding' boots and apparel, much more comfortable. I don't think i'll ever go back:)

kcalexan83
12-29-2006, 10:51 PM
well i went to the local shop and they had shift reon ride pants (OTB) so I got them. I have been wearing my riding boots with jeans and it is uncomfortable with the pants wadded up inside so I was sceptical about getting the ITB kind. My uncle says the best thing for burns to OTB's is have someone cut out the side and sew jean material on the inner leg. Maybe also add a zipper for easy use. I havent tried them yet due to cool weather but I think they will be better than blue jeans and work boots. Lol Thanks for the info.