PDA

View Full Version : need help with carb. and air boot

moneypit
12-28-2006, 08:36 PM
i purchased my bike in pieces 4months ago since then i have gotten about everything rebuilt, but ran into a problem with the carb. i have a ct racing 330 kit, but when i bought the bike it came with a mikuni carb, now everyone i see on here runs a 38-39 keihin a/s carb. and thats what ct sells with their kit, now my question is does anyone run a mikuni carb. cause im really starting to think someone just threw this carb on here, the choke lever faces towards the pipe, along with where the fuel goes into the carb from the tank is on the pipe side. i was also looking at the a/s carbs on the ebay and they look to be shorter than my carb. i was wondering about the air box boot, and how many ppl run a 250r boot that has been heated and stretched, along with if a lt500 boot fits with a stock framed 250r with bigger carb, oh and i also have a uppracing 38/39 intake manifold, thanks in advance sorry if it doesnt make much sense, just trying to find out if i can use my carb, and just have to buy a differnt intake boot, or if i need to ditch my carb get a a/s \, and if you have pics of your setups please. please attach

machwon
12-29-2006, 06:45 AM
Sounds like the carb similar to what came off an LT500. The carb would work ok, but would be a pain in the arse to choke it and you would have to be fairly proficient at jetting to get it to run good. I'd stick to the stock honda intake boots and just heat them up. If there too large they will clamp back down fine as long as they have no cracks. Personally I use the 39 keihin taper bored to 40.5 and with a 330 it would definitely like the larger carb.