PDA

View Full Version : Just picked mine up tonight....few ?'s...

05Z400rdr
12-28-2006, 08:27 PM
I just picked up my LTR tonight and from the little that I rode it, i love it! i have a few questions though: Is there like a petcock or anything to turn the fuel on "off" or "reserve?" Do i have to stay under 1/2 throttle for the break-in period, or can i go a little bit more than halfway? I never really liked the idea of removing the air box lid, but instead, would it work if i got a K&N and a outerwears or K&N airbox cover, with a cherry bomb and a Yoshi slip on? Which Yoshi exhaust do you recommend for a slip on? ok thats enough questions for a lil..lol. thanks for all your help guys,

Landon

AL Elks
12-28-2006, 09:23 PM
I'll answer a couple of those questions before I hit the sack.

Breaking is a widely debated topic.

Here's my procedure even after a build.

First I start it and let it warm up by letting it idle and reving it slightly. Then I take it out for a 15 minute ride at no more than 1/4 throttle and let it cool for 30 minutes. I do this 3 times. I then do the same thing at 1/2 throttle and then at 3/4 throttle.

After that I ride it like I stole it.

Here's a very interesting link.

http://mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

I'd skip the slipon and wait until you can get a full system. If you order the Yoshi make sure it is the newer style with the round endcap and not the oval encap.

The airbox lit is entirely too restrictive. You'll never get any power at all with that thing on there. You can buy a lid that has outerwear material on it that replaces your stock airbox lid if you like.

Anyway it's time for me to hit the sack.

ENJOY, and ride safe!

AL

05Z400rdr
12-31-2006, 07:28 AM
thanks for the help.
also, did you take it to a dealer or adjust the valves or anything after you "broke it in?" reading that site was very helpful for me to understand all about "break-in's."
is there that much more difference between a slip-on and a full system? and when i go to order my exhaust, do i need to say i want the newer version of the rs-5 or will they automatically send the newer version? and would a k&n filter w/ outerwears and an outerwears box cover and a cherry bomb be good to "wake it up" with the exhaust?

thanks,
Landon

ZSNOW
12-31-2006, 07:32 AM
i heard just a cherry bomb makes a world of difference on them things.i think ussually people do all the outwear stuff and the cherry bomb then take the baffel out of the stock exhuast and it makes that 450 reaaallllly have some balls

tldPREDATORboy
12-31-2006, 09:07 PM
alright im not an ltr guy but my in law is.he took out the baffles in the stocker.sounds meaner and runs better.he got a k and N filter and took the lid of and rappt the lid opening in panty hose(it sounds dumb but thats basiclly an outwears wrap)and he water proofed it.he said it halls much more a s s.