PDA

View Full Version : How to remove baffling on an 03 660

HAULIN_A**
12-28-2006, 07:28 PM
how do you remove the baffling on an 03 i tried taking off the screws but it seems like its stuck or something any info would be great thanks

ECATV Raptor
12-29-2006, 10:30 AM
I cant figure it out either.

ECATV Raptor
01-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Here is one way I read how to do it on Bluetraxx. remove the one screw in your baffle and rev your quad up and turn your key off then on so the quad backfires maybe shooting out the baffle. (just what I was told)

Adrenalinerush
01-29-2007, 05:16 PM
take the screw out and put a pair of vice grips on the insde of the baffel and then get a larger pair of pliers and pu the on the vise grips to use as something to spin the baffel clockwise and counterclockwise it will take some work and what not but u'll get it it took me and hour

bigdogg221
01-29-2007, 08:04 PM
what is the reason both of you are doing that i hope just to clean it because if your trying to make it loud its gonna sound like crap
if you wanna get a slip on hmf is cheap and sound great

ECATV Raptor
01-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by bigdogg221
what is the reason both of you are doing that i hope just to clean it because if your trying to make it loud its gonna sound like crap
if you wanna get a slip on hmf is cheap and sound great
I found a "performance tip" on ebay and I'm thinkin about getting it. It looks better and is a spark arrestor. I'm just a little worried how it sounds. i know takin out the baffling sounds like ****.

Blue_Streak23
02-04-2007, 01:38 PM
To take it out you just have to beat the crap out of it..

...I used some vice-grips and pulled on the baffle's circle openning, and after i moved it a little, i used a hammer and punch on the lip that goes around the larger exhaust openning. It tool me about 20 mins... ALso some heat on the baffle might help..

Dan660R
02-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Some come out easily, some dont... If you dont care about it, take vice grips and pull on it and/or use a hammer to tap it out. If you dont want to scratch it up, I would spray WD40 in there, take the screw out, and then ride it around in hopes that it will come out on its own.