PDA

View Full Version : best 400ex slipon?

honderlover
12-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums so don't yell and scream at me for asking probably the most asked the most annoying and the hardest to answer question. Just wondering what everyone thinks about the best slip on for a 400ex. I want a little more sound but not much and mainly I'm interested in getting either all around improvement or specifically low and mid range boost. I'm not so concerned with top end. Also, I definitely dont want a piss everyone off loud pipe. I have a 2001 (first atv ever) with a K and N air filter and a jet kit. I went up one tooth on the drive sprocket as well otherwise the machine is bone stock. any suggestions would be appreciated. Peace

honda300EXtreme
12-28-2006, 06:55 PM
get an hmf slip on (sport series) its awsome in low to mid range and it sounds awsome, its an overal great pipe with great power

and about being to loud

if you dont piss anyone off you didnt do it right

400EXTRA
12-29-2006, 08:55 AM
supertrapp ids 2

honda300EXtreme
12-29-2006, 09:43 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :huh

it loud but thats about it maybe a little top end gain

infantry317
12-29-2006, 10:40 AM
The White Bros E-series should give the most power.

400ex is money$
12-29-2006, 07:04 PM
hmf sport series thats what i got love the sound and power
color black/crome

northwest Texas
12-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Here's a link to an article in Dirtwheels where they did a shootout of slip ons for the 400EX. Some guys have personal issues with Dirtwheels but read it with an open mind and look at the dyno's, not just the peak HP but how much more than stock throughout the rpms. Some are better in the lower rpms and some in the higher.

They're all pretty good so you won't really go wrong with most any of them. Just watch the dB's and be kind to those who may not care for the loud exhausts some kids like.

http://www.ctracing.com/PD_ct%20photos/dirt_wheels_march_2001.htm

400eXr1d3rZ
12-30-2006, 01:00 PM
^^ That was in 2001, before some pipes were even made. I'd get an Yoshimura, they come installed with a quiet core so it's pretty quiet, it gives a nice rumble when you crack the throttle, but not as loud compared to HMF (without quiet-core). Although, I wouldn't suggest getting a white bros e-series, the mounts crack so easily. FMF Makes an exhaust that's extremely quiet (compared to others), it's called FMF Q, im not sure of the powergains, but I heard it's a bottom-to-mid pipe. Any pipe you get you will be happy with, except Cobra or DG (with the exception of the DG Bullet)

northwest Texas
12-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Agreed it's old data but still applicable. It's better than telling him "I like xxxxx and it's the best"

I have a WB E-Series. I've had absolutely zero problems with it. I won't have anyother because they've soured me permanently off their piss-poor service but not for poor product.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by northwest Texas
Agreed it's old data but still applicable. It's better than telling him "I like xxxxx and it's the best"

I have a WB E-Series. I've had absolutely zero problems with it. I won't have anyother because they've soured me permanently off their piss-poor service but not for poor product.

Not to be off the subject but....do you have any pics of your quad?

northwest Texas
12-30-2006, 02:13 PM
I do somewhere but not since I got it put back together. You want to see some?

400eXr1d3rZ
12-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by northwest Texas
I do somewhere but not since I got it put back together. You want to see some?

Yeah, I wanted to see how it looks with those works shocks on +2 arms.

northwest Texas
12-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Sure, I'll try to get some next week. My arms paints coming off so they aren't pretty but the shocks look great.

I don't have power at home and we're at the in-laws til then. I need to get all the Christmas pix off the camera too so that will give me an excuse to take more.

honderlover
12-31-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the info everyone and extra thanks (northwest texas) for the site with the shootout specs. Now all I have to do is decide which one to buy!

Tater049
01-05-2007, 06:23 PM
the Big Gun Evo X is the loudest exhaust that i have heard and i have heard many. You could hear it from three miles away with dense forest all around you. No joke! Thats only if you take the silencer out. With it in it sounds good too. Plus, whoever said the white brothers e-series is, hasnt heard of the big gun. Trust me, the big gun looks hot and is loud and pwoerful.

RIDE RED_159
01-07-2007, 09:25 AM
i have the white bros. e-series slip on on my 400. i really like it, its not to loud and good low/mid range power

itismejoshy
01-09-2007, 12:46 AM
i also have the white bro's E, love it! it's alittle louder at idle but not much loader when you get on it so it's great! overall i like it!