PDA

View Full Version : Help - Need Hand Guards

Blysster
09-19-2002, 09:40 PM
OK I've finally saved up enough for more "vitamins" for my quad. I'll be geting some AC skids and I'm thinking about some hand guards but don't know which ones to get. They must fit on FMF 909 bars and I need something that will last and doesn't go to the ends to the bars. Looks and price are also factors.

Will the Maier ones fit without the stock clutch lever?

Any suggestions?

Texan32
09-20-2002, 07:28 AM
yes, the Maier had guards will work. They are molded to fit factory 400 set up. But i will tell you this. The Maier had guards should really be called "wind blockers". I used to have a set. HATED THEM! They are entirely TOOOOOO flimsy to really protect your hands.

But hey, 10 bucks+ shipping and their yours. they're red by the way...

About the skids....have you given PRM a thought?! I absolutely love my belly skid from PRM. Its super tuff and has more than payed for itself (I've only had it for about 4 months) in protection!

nuttynewt
09-20-2002, 02:16 PM
PRM Definately. Like he said...

Mity Mo
09-20-2002, 02:39 PM
Here is a set of Acerbis. I go them for the 250r. That way you can use them without having the stock clutch mechanism. I think I paid around $15 for them. They are great for mud races and rocky MX conditions. But they most likely will suck if you hit a tree or big branches with them. Mo;)

DEAL
09-20-2002, 05:22 PM
Maier are ugly.
Get Acerabis (or however you spell it) rally pro 2 handguards , they are awesome.

09-21-2002, 06:44 AM
texan e-mail me ill take those hand guards.

QuadMX18@aol.com

or

Yamaha1470@aol.com