PDA

View Full Version : 416 build up, Compression ?'s

wnarace
12-28-2006, 01:11 PM
I am in the process of building a wiseco 11:1 416, and read the cylinder milling thread in the modification section, which brought up some questions. I installed the piston on the rod installed the cylinder without a base gasket and checked the deck height. I came up with the piston .036 into the cylinder. I am trying to acheive the most compression possible with the combo I have. If im not mistaking I can mill .030 off the top of the cylinder and use xr gaskets and acheive close to the advertised 11:1 ratio.

Does any of this sound accurate, should I use a base gasket and which one, which head gaskets do you recomend?

Thanks

PismoLocal
12-28-2006, 03:54 PM
With no base gasket and the XR gaskets you should be around 11:1.
One of the local MX racers here runs a wiseco basegasket and a wiseco head gasket but runs a 12:1 piston and his bike runs fine on a 50/50 mix.

scruff_mcruff
12-28-2006, 07:22 PM
generally you want to keep .040 clearnce from the piston to head, to allow for stretching and piston rock at high rpms.

and to find out an very close estimate it would be best to use a calculator such as this one, http://www.angelfire.com/fl/procrastination/motor.html

wnarace
12-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
With no base gasket and the XR gaskets you should be around 11:1.
One of the local MX racers here runs a wiseco basegasket and a wiseco head gasket but runs a 12:1 piston and his bike runs fine on a 50/50 mix.

Is this with the cylinder milled or not.

Thanks for the info.