View Full Version : hrc head pipe

2006black450
12-28-2006, 12:15 PM
hey.
i was wondering if this is a good idea, i bought a stage 2 hotcam and am haveng it installed in a couple along with a port and polish on the head, however i have a factory pipe and was wondering if i could just use a head pipe from an hrc kit? if anyone has a head pipe that they would like to sell for cheap let me know.

thanks
cody

CHEVYZ
12-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Why not go with an aftermarket system? With P&P work you are gonna need a free flowing exhaust. The HRC header is a nice compliment for a mostly stock engine, but it would be a big plus to go with something more in your case.

Sheepless
12-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Well...
The 06 headpipe and end cap is a powerful combination. When it first came out, well known pipe designers were having trouble making a $500 after mrkt pipe add more than 1hp.
Things have change since.

Go with a full system, Rossier or DASA.

Personally I wouldnt have a P&P before a full exhaust (even the 06 HRC headpipe).
Will the HRC headpipe work...of course.

lumi
12-28-2006, 01:54 PM
imo its still hard to beat a hrc exhaust system.....
but i think it can still be beatby little.. but of coruse the look and sound of a aftermarket silencer is hard to not live with.

-lumi

sean3393
12-28-2006, 04:17 PM
IMO the hrc headpipe will work just fine, as far as pipe size its just as big as aftermarket headpipes, so the flow is good. I added the hrc headpipe to my 06 and the difference was night and day, i couldn't believe it. I've got an HMF slip on behind it, has an awesome sound.

schmidthouse
12-31-2006, 05:46 PM
just installed the HRC kit and I allready had a full Muzzy exhaust, so I have the HRC header will all of the rest of the stuff.t Will sell it all for $75 OBO.

With the HRC kit installed thing really rips!