PDA

View Full Version : YFZ build info

450robot
12-27-2006, 08:15 PM
ok pap, heres the pics, typing up the info in a minute, just wanted to show you what to work with

450robot
12-27-2006, 08:16 PM

450robot
12-27-2006, 08:25 PM
ok, so far, i know the propeg mounts have 2 bolts i cant reach, and one broke on it

one broken bolt on the ars-fx stem

i would like the ignition to be looked over (there are alot of crap wires hanging, and the trail tech dc kit, and stator, well, im not sure how well they were wired

i havent decided on colors yet, but i would like all the corroded, and corrodable bolts to be molyed or treat. and almost everything is gonna be powdercoated (arms, springs, swinger, frame/sub, hubs, spindles, stems, engine covers, exhaust, etc.)

some polishing, like the motor cases, and other small parts

i will have the front end ordered and sent to you, along with the wheels, plastics, other parts needed (making list now)

im sure some bearings might be bad too, so i can include that

i might be forgetting some things right now, its late, but i will repost if any other info pops in my mind

Pappy
12-28-2006, 04:03 AM
I will have Kevin look over this thread today and let him fill me in on what he feels would be a fair estimate for you. I think we will end up being around what I told you last night give or take either way depending on replacement items, labor etc.

450robot
12-28-2006, 10:07 PM
okay papster, just a little insight of what im thinking

flat black frame/sub/arms/swinger/hubs/related big parts

copper orange-ish
mounts, tabs, wheels, bars, engine covers, related smaller parts, you know parts that would make the flat black pop, but not show of to much of the proceeding copper color

molyed corrodable parts, and possibly the cylinder/head/cases (if i could be done)

then, a funky idea, but tell me what you think... taking black plastics, and having you shove them in the sand blaster! im thinking the wouldcome out flat stealth black, seeing as how metal parts come out with a texture to them, i dont know if it would work, i woul need you oppinion on this, but i would think it would be awsome!

o yah, also removed the rear end for a new one

once the parts are sold (front/rear end, tire/wheels, plastics, tank, bars)

im going to order th new parts, and contact you to have them shipped there, then i can drive the bike out as it sits for your magic to be done

just let me know what you think, and i can go from what you tell me

thanks, pap.

-jeremy

450robot
12-28-2006, 10:40 PM
forgot to say, its a duner build lol

Pappy
12-29-2006, 04:05 AM
Ill do what ever you like, but ill have to do some thinking on the plastic.

450robot
12-30-2006, 11:52 AM
parts are going fast, haha, just need to sell some of the bigger ones and i think im ready

this is what i have in mind, a shop i did last night