PDA

View Full Version : tranny noise

JMS
12-27-2006, 08:09 PM
I guess im fortunate enough to have the wining tranny syndrome on my new 07 450. Is there anyone who has an answer from suzuki on this issue??? Are there any reps from suzuki on this site that can shed light on this??? Seems to happen to a awful lot off em for suzuki to not acknowledge it if it is a problem. And no , buying the warranty is not the answer im looking for! I want to know what the frig is causing it.

LTR450_#67
12-28-2006, 02:06 AM
A lot of LTR450 owners including myself have found that an extra 200ml of oil makes it go away. Ever since I've added the extra oil it has done it maybe once that I can think of.

Hope this helps

later
Aaron

05Z400rdr
01-01-2007, 09:49 AM
I'n not sure, but i think i may have this tranny problem. how loud was it for those of yous that had the problem? when i was leaning into a left-hand turn i heard some wierd noise i never heard before on the left-hand side and right after i did a 30ft double i heard a kind of "loud" noise at the same spot n the left-hand side and then it just went away? do yous think i am having the tranny problem that every1 else is? any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Landon

jason14x
01-01-2007, 10:10 AM
I read online alot before I got my bike out and rode it last year . I love mine and wanted to make sure It lasts me for several years. Like # 67 saidI added the extra 200ml maybe even a bit more and have not even noticed ANY whining. I dont get to ride as much as some of you guys but I put the machine through a Nationla, *weekends of races and at least 10-12 open practices and play rides. Add the oil and if you notice anything really freaky have it checked out.

Jason

05Z400rdr
01-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Should i put the extra 200mL of oil in the crankcase or the oil tank?

bbrad mulvey
01-01-2007, 10:19 PM
either or it doesnt matter it will all cycle through either way.

Quady
01-02-2007, 08:00 AM
adding extra 100 ml to each cap is seems to work better but doesnt completely solve the problem!!! I still get some noise when i do a hard dune climbing but then i stop for exactly 10-20 seconds it disappears. I had my clutch slipped in a race three times after my first ride after furst service but then I went out four times for three hours each "no problems w/clutch" doing my second service next weekend.

Still love my bike

suzukiray
01-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi guys! I FINALLY got to pick up my bike from the dealer 3 weeks after I bought it because I finally told my wife I had bought it.( I have 7 other quads!) I went to do a break-in ride this past Sat. & got the trans whine once while out. This happened even though I had the service mech put 300 CCs extra oil in it before I took it home. I got home & changed the oil & filter even though it only had about 2 hours on it. I like to get all the machining garbage out of my motors as soon as possible. I will do another ride this coming Sat. & see if it happens again. Hopefully, I can get enough hours on it that I can just put Amsoil in it after that & be done with it! Ray.

kennerz
01-02-2007, 11:22 PM
I had the whine problem, I used Motul 15-50 300V synthetic oil, along with lucas oil stabilizer for synthetic/petroluem oil. +200ml extra.(I still had the whine with just extra oil)

Now, no matter how hard I ride, I Never had it whine with the motul/lucas fix. (kinda expensive) but absolutely fixed my problem. And no clutch slipage with the Motul synthetic.

This has worked for me....100% others have different opinions on what works.

Before my bike whined as soon as I rode it hard after about 25min, then I would have to slow for a bit, ride it easy and it would go away, until I hamered it again- drove me crazy for a new bike to do that, so this is a fix with no teardown.

Good luck

$.02

Also the lucas(suggested to be 10% of the total 1.9L)/

200ml extra/ and a petroleum 20-50 might work well too

Quady
01-03-2007, 09:48 AM
can someone add a link that guide to a picture of product mentioned above? I mean is it the one showed in the below link?

http://www.eliteone.com/lucas.htm

where do you buy it from? please provide a link

thank you