PDA

View Full Version : flintlock

Blue250X
12-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Today I went muzzleloader hunting with a few freinds and it was my first time and I had a blast. I'm thinking about buying a flintlock for myself. Where would be a good place to buy a decent one. Decent being the keyword, not very expensive because I'm a 16 year old that is broke, but not a peice of junk either. Also would the new gun come with everything i would need except powder, balls, and maybe other things? Thanks alot

trailwart
12-27-2006, 03:25 PM
check Cabelas, Gander Mountain, <bass Pro Shops, also you can check Gallery of Guns on the internet. from my experiance with buying guns is that if you buy a gun thats what you get. if you buy a kit, they vary in what they include. Muzzle loaders are real varied because there are many different styles, and the accesories needed for each kind is different. You can get an inline that uses 209 primers for 100 bucks and a combo that has powerbelts and starter for a little over 100. if you want to go old school and get a flintlock, you can buy the gun assembled or in a kit that you build and stain the stock yourself. just make sure you wear glasses or goggles with the flint lock style guns because if your down wind of your target you can get lots of powder flash back in your face. just do some research for the best gun and the best deal that fits your budget and needs.

Blue250X
12-27-2006, 03:30 PM
I checked both, thanks anyways. Anyone else?

trailwart
12-27-2006, 03:30 PM
all trhe typin i did did not get submitted. gallery of guns is another place to check prices and reviews. just be carefull with the flashback with the flintlocks(wear glasses or goggles). if they allow in your state the use of inlines you can get one for 100 bucks. they have alot less miss fires than the flint locks and percusion cap modles. just know your budget and what the intended use of the gun will be and that will help you get what will be best for you.

Blue250X
12-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by trailwart
all trhe typin i did did not get submitted. gallery of guns is another place to check prices and reviews. just be carefull with the flashback with the flintlocks(wear glasses or goggles). if they allow in your state the use of inlines you can get one for 100 bucks. they have alot less miss fires than the flint locks and percusion cap modles. just know your budget and what the intended use of the gun will be and that will help you get what will be best for you.

thanks that looks like a good site

fatkid400
12-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Not to start any arguments or anything but why a flint lock? Why not get an inline? theyre alot more realiable and accurate.

knighttime
12-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by fatkid400
Not to start any arguments or anything but why a flint lock? Why not get an inline? theyre alot more realiable and accurate.

some states like PA only allow flintlocks in the late dear season. inlines are allowed for a week or two in the early archery season.

fatkid400
12-28-2006, 05:52 PM
wow:huh I did'nt know that ......Well that explains it:p