PDA

View Full Version : LT80 Cost?

TBone215dad
12-27-2006, 03:02 PM
I have a 2003 LT80 and my son thinks he wants to race it.
So my ? is should i but the money in it or buy something else?

And allso what should it cost to make it competive?

Bryar Riley
12-27-2006, 05:24 PM
What kind of racing is your son gonna be doing???Call Chris Grissom in Paris Tenn.(731)642-0511......Chris is the best in the U.S. on the LT80's. It is worth the drive and the cost, he can work magic on these machines $2,000.00 to $6,0000.00 will be the cost depends on you....tell him Dylan Riley's dad sent you...I need to down-size my pics to put them on here....will try later...

LT80
12-28-2006, 10:23 AM
"Chris is the best in the U.S. on the LT80's."
One could argue that.
Chris is a great guy, but,,
Lets not forget that my machine was in front of yours,,,, and for 1/3 the cost (2005).

"So my ? is should i but the money in it or buy something else?
And allso what should it cost to make it competive?"
For MX, the LT80 lacks suspension compared to new models. For flat track/TT it's still right there.
$700 plus a pipe (motor work).

Bryar Riley
12-28-2006, 10:45 AM
One could argue but would lose....if you check the stats Ohio was the worst finish for us in 2005 because of roller problems and we never got to finish the racing that weekend..that was the only race outside the top ten for us in 2005... Dylan was the highest finishing suz.or kaw. all year at any track and in the final standings...to be honest Dylan is far from being a great rider he is good and loves it so we stay with it, but if not for Chris's machine i don't think dylan would ever finish in the top ten...Jack your still alright in my book.....

hanzito
12-31-2006, 12:07 PM
ok i think we can all agree that the motor on the 80s can be made fast and competitive. but what about suspension. i understand that tt/flat track dont require a whole olot of suspension. but what about mx and cc.

i found a long travel kit for the 80 any one seen or heard of it.

http://www.teixeiratech.com/Kawasaki%20KFX80.htm (kfx/lt 80 long travel kit)

i too need help as i am still ridding the fence on ether or not ot sell my sons and switch or stay with the 80. he isnt the fastest but i dont want him to get beat because he cant hang on to the atv.

LT80
12-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Agreed, sorry if I was bickering.:o
I did see the kit offered. I'm sure it helps. Altho I am 100% sure that any length added to the rear end puts additional leverage on the already fragile aluminum engine cases.
MX a LT80 and you will break cases. Period.
Apex,Extreme,AASCO,and a few others are being made more for mx with dual a-arms and much better suspensions.
Mx ANY mini (the above included) they will break. A LT breaks cases, the others break everything but the cases.
My daughter got away fine with the LT80 cuz she could ride fast and smooth. Smooth being the important part.Many a boy busted axels/frames/etc trying to catch her.
No easy answers for your wallet my friend.:)

hanzito
01-01-2007, 01:34 AM
darnt it i thought with all the positive hype you would have some super slick answer that would save me milions on building my son a raceable mini. but alas you are a above average mortal and have told me what i already feared. that no matter what i build him something is bound to break eventually. oh well i guess i will build and keep my fingers crossed.

grizzlykev
01-01-2007, 06:45 AM
let jack do your motor you wont be sorry .like he stated he is alot cheaper by far .we ran his motor for years and allways finished in the top 3 except for breakdowns.

LT80
01-01-2007, 09:00 AM
oh well i guess i will build and keep my fingers crossed.

LOL You got it! :D :D

mxkids
01-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Hetrick also builds a very good LT80. He helped us with our LT. We bought 3 motors, Hetrick, Grissom, and LRD. Hetrick was the most reliable. Grissom's made good power also. We have owned 6 LT's in the past and loved them all. Still have one in our garage with a Hetrick motor.

As far as suspension call Rich at Hetrick Racing. He set us up with a set of PEPs. They work really great. Still have them on our machine today.

rhinorick
01-01-2007, 11:08 AM
I went with (lt80) above for my motor not just because of price but I think he likes to help people out. and the way I see him trying to help people out on the site I think he is a great guy and will be around if breaks to help walk me through it. imo he is a great guy that wants to help out the kids. I havent got my motor back just sent it to him a week ago but I'm sure it will hang with the other mini out there.

hanzito
01-01-2007, 01:03 PM
because of ricks dealings with ajck is why when my son is finally ready for some more motor it will go to jack to be built. so i look forwardt o the day my son finally needs a motor.. but for now stock will work for him. i just need to spend some money on the suspensions.