PDA

View Full Version : i got ripped off,so can u read!!!!!!!!!!

nvrl8
09-19-2002, 07:10 PM
Chaparral Cycle Supply
555 South H Street
San Bernardino CA 92410

Business Started: Unknown
File Open Date: 04/04/85
Last Report Date: 08/20/02
Principal Contact: Dave Damrom

Phone: (909) 889-2761
Fax: (909) 884-3183
EMail: Not Available
Web Address: Not Available

Bureau ID: 2789

Nature of Business
This company's business is the sale and services of motorcycles and watercrafts as well as, related parts and accessories.

Bureau File Experience

We rate this company as having an unsatisfactory business performance record. This company has a pattern of complaints alleging delivery or billing disputes. Specifically, some complaintants allege incorrect parts were delivered, or when shipped COD the invoice price was different than quoted by phone. The company responded to some complaints by making proper adjustments to credit card charges or reshipping orders. Many complaints are closed as unresolved, meaning the complainants are not satisfied with the company's response. Most complaints remain unanswered. The Better Business Bureau does not endorse, recommend or disapprove of any product, service or company.

Additional Phone Numbers

(800) 841 - 2960 (909) 889 - 1302 (909) 884 - 0484

Additional Trade names

Chaparral Motorsports

Additional Addresses

544 South Crescent Avenue
San Bernardino, CA 92410

:grr they screwed up my order and will not refund my money out of a $358.00 they only refunded 258.00 i have 2 eat there error.do not buy from this com.this is how they make money.f#%$ers

Tommy 17
09-19-2002, 07:56 PM
they are still payin for mcgraths 1million a year + to ride for them!!!!

Juggalo
09-19-2002, 08:27 PM
they probably have some sort of restocking fee and thats why you didn't get all your money back. i just bought a bunch of stuff from them and everything worked out great

BadA$$440
09-19-2002, 09:11 PM
What are you talking about. They have great service, prices, and parts. You are the first person i know that says they got ripped off. What exactly happened. I will still continue to buy from them.

Big - D Racing
09-19-2002, 11:28 PM
Chaparral is about 2 hours away from me, and I occasionaly make the drive there because it is the largest and baddest atv/dirtbike/watercraft store in California, and it wouldn't surprise me if they were the biggest in the United States. That's how they can afford Mcgrath to wear their name. They carry anything and everything you can imagine. They always give me excellent service. I'm sure they do 100's and even 1000's of orders everyday over the phone and online, and some are going to get messed up. If your ever in So. Cal visit there store I guarantee your jaw will drop just by seeing it from the oustide. It's even better inside,

exriderdude
09-20-2002, 10:00 AM
yea, they charged me like $60 shipping fee on my nerf bars:grr

oynot400
09-20-2002, 10:16 AM
What do you have to do to check up on a company with the Better Business Bureau? :confused:

Ensign
09-20-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by nvrl8
:grr they screwed up my order and will not refund my money out of a $358.00 they only refunded 258.00 i have 2 eat there error.do not buy from this com.this is how they make money.f#%$ers

If you paid with a credit card, contact your credit card company. They can probably help you.

02exchic
09-20-2002, 11:33 AM
Sorry man......

But I have dealt with them many times and never had a problem....in fact I have always gotten my stuff before the actual arrival date they gave me!!

I agree that you shoudl contact the credit card company about the charges, they shoudl be more help. Good Luck!!

CHAR250R
09-20-2002, 12:42 PM
I have ordered many parts from them, and everything went smooth. Then I ordered tires for my Harley Davidson from them. They sent the wrong tires. When I called to ask why they sent me the wrong tires, they said they sent the tires I ordered. Big song and dance about ME paying for the return shipping. They wanted me to pay for the shipping, until I put a stop payment on the check! Then their story changed. I will no longer order parts from them. If you have good luck from them, then order from them. I order alot of parts from Rocky Mountain, too. So far so good.

02exchic
09-20-2002, 01:46 PM
Yeah, Rocky Mtn is good too......they also have better shipping rates!! maybe I will think twice before going with Chapparel in the future.

Mxbubs
09-20-2002, 02:02 PM
Dude I thought everyone knew craparral was crap. SEE WHY WE NEED AN AFTERMARKET PARTS COMPANY FEEDBACK SECTION!!!!!!!!!! All you guys need to petition and rant and rave with me, we do need this forum!

oynot400
09-20-2002, 02:08 PM
I agree we need something, but I am sure that every place will have their name on the list in time.

400exdad
09-20-2002, 05:00 PM
I've ordered from them a few times. No problems. Last year I did get angry when I got the catalogue and ordered from it the next day or so. They had no idea what I was ordering... and of course it wasn't in stock either..... in time for Christmas! I would still order from them again.

MX26
09-21-2002, 09:35 AM
I ordered some stuff from them once, and about 2 weeks later they sent me an email saying that my order had been cancelled. It made me VERY mad, cause I had to have those certain parts to get to ride that weekend. I called the company and pretty much asked WTF? They said that my credit card was expired, or reported stolen. I laughed, and said "that's fine. I will take my stolen card somewhere else to do business." I then called Rocky Mountain, had the parts overnighted, and everything was great. I actually think that the Rocky Mountain overnight delivery was about $10 more than the regular UPS from Chaparrel.

About 4 months rocked along, and I needed some more parts for another bike I had laying around, plus I was going to get a friend of mine a birthday present(Shift shirt), so I called up Chaparrel again. What happens? The same d@mn thing. 1 or 2 weeks after the order, they send me an email saying CANCELLED ORDER. This one made me REALLY mad, so I called and had some words with the manager on duty. He apologized(for whatever good it would do) and said I had some sort of discount on my next order. Too bad it will never be used!

Moto-Man.com did the same thing. They sent me 400EX nerfs and argued with me that I ordered them, when every reciept, print-out, and paperwork clearly states that I ordered Banshee nerfs.. Well, I finally got them, and have had good luck with the company ever since.

QuadTrix6
09-21-2002, 09:57 AM
im with you guys im sick of businesses taking advantage of the little people..i will boycott them..theres a ton of other places to shop and i hate hearing that people got ripped off