PDA

View Full Version : 185S carb setting info forum or website??

atvmxr
12-27-2006, 10:01 AM
I know this is the R forum, but its the only one I hang out in. Anyway I have a buddy with a 185 S three wheeler that I cannot figure out the carb settings on. does anyone know a forum that can help me out???:)

C-LEIGH RACING
12-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Only setting would be the float height & the low speed air mixture screw.
Those old 185s & 230s were bad about wearing out the slide needle & the needle jet tube down in the carb body.
Neil

atvmxr
12-27-2006, 03:47 PM
well that is the problem, i cant get the idle screw figured out, it either idles way too high, or if i has a good idle every second or third time it will stall out from having too low of idle, but I barely turn the screw the idle goes back up to being way too high :confused:

Id like to know how far out it should be set and then go from there on jets or something........

C-LEIGH RACING
12-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Have you gone through the carb & cleaned it out good, sometime a lean condition can cause a off & on idle.
Sooo many things on those old engines can cause a problem like this. Old dryed out intake cracked up & sucking air through the cracks, slide & carb body worn to much & sucking air around the slide instead of under it, float needle sticking closed & then sometime not closing & flooding the engine.

Might come down to having to replace the carb to cure the problem.
Neil