PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Issues

rustee
12-27-2006, 09:16 AM
hello all
i bought a new set of yukon gears for our motor as we run a big bore and wanted to make sure the trans was in good shape and can handel extra hp as we race the extrem dirt series.the old gears worked fine but had some weare on them. but new gears in and it shifts fine before i put the right side case back on but as soon as i put the case back on it is binding when turning the shafts making a clicking noise etc. i am doing this dry before i seal the cases up. i have torn these shafts down 20 + times trying to fihgure out what is wrong every thing is were it should be but still binds up. but old gears back on every thing is fine when case is closed up. so it does have some thing to do with the new gears are they thicker or something! any one have this issue and how did you corrrect it? . other wize i am stuck with $300 worth of gears that wont work. any info greatly apprecitated. rustee..

anything neil!!!!

C-LEIGH RACING
12-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Those Yukons are for the 88/89 model transmissions, if yours is a 86 that might be the problem.

Get you a print out of the transmission from somewhere like Service Honda or Ronnies.com & make sure all the shims & shim locks are in the right place.
I have had times when putting cases together, one of the shaft bearings come out of its hole just a little & cause the same thing what your sayings wrong with yours. Being dry dont help either, try some oil.
Neil