PDA

View Full Version : fuel everywhere!!!!!!

450robot
12-26-2006, 08:58 PM
ok, so um, i was riding my yfz, and it ran fine. but i rode it back into my garage and shut it off to realize there was fuel leaking at a rapid rate from a tube hanging from the carb (one of the vent ones) so i shut off the fuel valve, and plugged the hole temporarely, but when i came back the next day, the whole airbox was full of my precious race gas! i mean, half way to the top of the filter

what is going on?

firefighterjosh
12-26-2006, 09:54 PM
What ever fuel that was left over in your carb leaked into your airbox. Sounds like your float's stuck.

jshtex
12-27-2006, 08:43 AM
You definatly either have a stuck float or some trash in your needle and seat. When you plugged the drain tube the only place left for the extra fuel to go was thru the carb to the airbox. Actually your lucky if it only went that direction....

IF there is any chance that it also flooded the intake you need to pull the sparkplug out before you try to start it. Fuel will not compress like air. Bump the starter over a few times with the plug out to see if any fuel blows out of the spark plug hole.

You should also check the oil to make sure it didn't go thru the intake, into the head, and then down into the oil. Oil contaminated by fuel will not lubricate your bearings etc. properly. IF you think it did I would say you should change the oil, fill it up with some cheap stuff and crank it over a while then drain it and repeat untill there is no sign of oil in it.

Not trying to scare you to death but better safe than sorry.

Xater
12-29-2006, 11:52 AM
try cleaning your carb, it sound like some crap is holding the neddle open. and you shouldnt plug the overflo tubs thier there for a reason!