PDA

View Full Version : tell me what you guys think

03warriorrider
12-26-2006, 06:52 PM
i have a 2003 warrior that has about $1200 of extras. ive been looking around at other bikes but everything is so expensive. im in college now and im kinda short on money. so my question is is my bike worth putting another $1000 in for new a-arms and shocks or just sell the bike save my money and get a new one? i do mostly trail riding and im starting to get into jumping and the suspension just doesn't cut it. the ride is so rough that i have to go slow and no one wants to be the slow guy. haha. Also have any of you guys put new a-arms and shocks on and does it make the ride any better or is it a waste of time and money. i know alot of people will probably say worriors are slow, heavy, and newbie bikes which they are very heavy but im pretty happy with the power it puts out for the trails. i can keep right up with 400ex in the smothe parts but rough areas forget it. so what do you guys think i should do.

03warriorrider
12-26-2006, 07:01 PM
pic 1

03warriorrider
12-26-2006, 07:05 PM
pic 2

Kickstarts-suck
12-26-2006, 09:00 PM
I don't see were your $1200 went :ermm:

red4ever
12-26-2006, 09:35 PM
im with him it looks pretty stock to me but for your question it would probably be best to sell it for all you can get and go with a 400ex. ride red

firefighterjosh
12-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Save and get a 400. You will like it so much more

03warriorrider
12-27-2006, 10:13 AM
yea i know. believe it or not there really is $1200 invested in it. skid plates, renthal bars, renthal chain, renthal front sprocket, new rear sprocket, new rear bearings and seals, pure sport rear tires, also have mud shark rear tires, k&n filter, white brothers e series exahust, exahust header torque stuffer, handle bar risers(just put on not in pics), rejeted carb, and probably some other stuff i cant think of right now. but yea it deff doesnt look like no $1200. :(

2muchquad
12-27-2006, 10:56 AM
If you think you may try doing some motocross stuff in the future since your getting into jumping,then save for a more sportier bike like a 400ex or z400.If you ride mostly trails then i would keep my warrior and go with a set of front shock,you can get a set of worksfor under $300.They'll make a HUGE difference in handling.Warriors are good bikes,sure they are dated and heavy compared to whats out there now but but if it works for you,the hell with what other people think;) Concentrate on hittin those books so later on you can buy whatever quad you choose.You splurge for a 400ex now you'll still want to put shocks and stuff on them because they arent too much better than your warrior stock.If your warrior is paid for,thats even better;)