PDA

View Full Version : mud and 400ex?

kcliff
12-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Is it ok to go muddin with a 400ex? I went this weekend after some rain and had a blast. I noticed the mud starting to build up on the engine and rear brakes so I decided that was enough and rode it back. after letting it cool off I washed most the mud off. I might have had 3 or 4 handle fulls of mud on the engine it wasnt bad and after I was able to start it the next day I didnt have any problems. It was only surface mud and I mostly slung it around (on my cousin) Is this a big no no? There wasnt any water present and I didnt get alot of mud on the motor or brakes. I am interested in seeing how many of yall use your 400ex to fling around mud, thanks

Joe400ex
12-26-2006, 06:58 PM
o that quad is awsoem for mudding. Just keep it clean after and u can go through anything u want. Have fun hope i helped....

joe400ex

honda300EXtreme
12-26-2006, 07:57 PM
yea its safe just make sure no water gets in your air box and always wash it afterwards so the mud doesnt stain, but yea ive taken sport quads in mud that you wouldnt belive :D

Eviltanker
12-27-2006, 06:24 AM
I go in mud all the time. Just make sure like the other guys said after you ride clean the 400 off. Don't forget to hose the oil cooler down also.

anderson3064
12-27-2006, 07:41 AM
mud is definitly a part of our program. 400ex's our bulletproof quads. have fun, WE DID

trx400EXtreme
12-28-2006, 11:25 AM
ya def. clean it when ur done. if its red or yellow it can stain really bad.

hondaracer57
12-28-2006, 01:28 PM
yeah there good in mud if ya have good tires...but also make sure u spray u brake calipers off good cause i noticed i went through brake pads faster playin in the mud specialy if there is alot of sand in the mud...also if u go in deep water and it gets to ur air box just shut the quad off as fast as u can and get it out and stand it up on the wheelie bare and drain the airbox and then it should fire right up..trust me ive had mine under water... clean oilcooler good and if the motor gets too much mud on it scrap some off cause u can over heat the quad doin that too...

JDMThoughts
12-28-2006, 03:41 PM
I vow not to use mine in the mud after the non-sense I am going through, which is mentioned in another post. If you guys are doing it, god bless you, but mud and my quad probably will never be put in the same sentence again. Too many things can go wrong with being in the mud that can become a costly mistake.