PDA

View Full Version : 07 400ex

YBRIK
12-26-2006, 06:42 PM
I have an 07 400ex I broke it in by the book oil change,valve adj etc...I rode it yesterday for awhile and i took my helmet off and it was ticking/rattle from engine???I started it today(cold)no noise .warmed it up rode it for awhile noise is back. its probably only got about 40-50 hrs on it.I know they are krude engines so is this normal? (higher i rev louder it gets) I do run it hard but thats what it built for!!!!!!

exboomer
12-26-2006, 06:51 PM
The 400ex engines have valve train noise, thats normal. It's hard to diagnose your quad without hearing it. Check the obvious (oil level). Did a shop do the valve adj?? If so take it back and let them listen to it. If you did it, you might want to recheck the valve clearance.

Eviltanker
12-27-2006, 06:27 AM
Mildly noisy is the norm. If you don't hear it with a helmet on you are good.REAL LOUD is possibly not right. check valves again. If you don't hear them at all you really got a problem.

†2005 400ex†
12-27-2006, 09:04 AM
Its normal most likely, it took me a while to just ignore it, the stock motor ticks noticeably, once you get an afterarket exhaust youj will probably not even be able to hear it