PDA

View Full Version : putting cylinder back together

ESR250R
09-19-2002, 06:01 PM
hey i am getting my cylinder back together and was wondering:

1. what kind and how much radiator fluid i will need? and what do i mix it at if it needs mixing.

2. how do i do a leak down test to make sure all my gaskets are completely sealed so i dont need to send it in again?

3. if u guys have any tips on how to put the cylinder back together (i have the cylmers for a 250r but i am open to and tips)

4. do u have any suggests on how to break the motor in?

thx

Bean
09-19-2002, 06:06 PM
1 = 50-50 mix of water, and ur choice of rad fluid

2 = cant help ya

3 = its easy, i jus put it on, lol

4 = i let it idle a while, wit a fan infront of it for 5min, then let it cool off, then percede to ride around in 1 and 2, at idle to 1/4, let it cool, then go out and do 1/4 to 2/4's, and so on

tants
09-19-2002, 06:10 PM
ya do 50/50 mix of fluid and water. take a empt 2 leter bottle, much easier to mark it out...

then do the steps bean said

holeshot19
09-19-2002, 08:04 PM
if your going to use car antifreeze at least use something to strain it with cause it has stuff in it to help fight rust in cars. second you can make a leak down tester. take the exaust flange to a auto parts store and get a rubber frezze plug that will fit in it. second you need to goto the hardware store and find a plastic pipe insert that will fit in to the intake track like a end cap. dirl a hole in it and get a screw in valve stem and use the rubber washers to seal the stem in it. pressue the engine with 6 to 7 psi and let it set be carfull not to overdo it it you can get creative put yourself a gauge in it but spray windex around the base of the cly and around the case halfs and the crank seals,intake and reed cage,or get you the tool from moton pro 180.00