PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Help

Robe338
12-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Hey I recently picked up a 1996 TrX90. Ive rebuilt the carb installed a new air filter, new plug, Fresh gas and had the valves adjusted. It wont stay running when it cold out(40-50deg) Last week when it was warmer (65ish) it would only stay running after it warmed up real good. it boggs down just off idle. if i get the throttle past that it will run fine (at warmer temps). Any one out there got any ideas or suggestions? Thank you.

Robe338
12-30-2006, 06:34 PM
no suggestions from any one? Im really no good with the carb stuff. Ive gone throught it again and to me it looks like im putting it back together right. It also wont idle good. sometime it idles high and sometimes low. Ive adjusted the idle screw every way I can. Its also making a popping noise throuht the intake, sputtering alot and dieing alot. So come on guys some one out there has to have some ideas or suggestions. Please help.Thanks

kartracer8j
12-31-2006, 11:05 AM
It sounds like its runnng very rich to me . did you check jet size ? maybe someone changed jet for aftermarket pipe ?

Robe338
12-31-2006, 02:59 PM
Its all stock. I put the jet that came in the rebuild kit in it. The second time I took it apart I compared the old jet and the new one. The new one looked bigger. So I put the old one back in.