PDA

View Full Version : i needhelp really really baddd

AtvRider21
09-19-2002, 04:50 PM
i bought a 160 main jet and dont know how to install it to put a pipe, and filter on. the guy at honda said to remove the float bowl unscrew the jet and put the new one on is this right and where is float bowl
. if not right how please answere cus im leavin in 10 mins and want to install it thanks alooot guys

BornOnFire
09-19-2002, 05:14 PM
To do this you may have to loosen the carb boots that attach to the block and air box. Anyhow, on the bottom of the carb, you can unscrew the four float bowl screws but an even easier way is to unscrew the float chamber cap to get to the main jet. It looks like a hex head that you can easily fit a metric socket onto. Unscrew it and you will see the main jet in there. You will either have to use a tiny wrench or a pair of needle-nose pliers to get to it. Unscrew it and replace with the new jet. One word of advice? Don't expect it to run without any problems. Re-Jetting the carb is a tricky process you can damage your engine if not jetted properly. With a filter and a pipe, you may have to change the pilot jet or mess with the needle. If you are in a hurry today, I would wait until you have some time before tearing into the carb!

Later