PDA

View Full Version : Chock stuck - Keihin carb

svahle
12-26-2006, 08:01 AM
I just bought another 250r (I wish I hadn't sold my last one). Anyway, the choke appears to be stuck in the up position. I have tried to push it back down but with no luck. I haven't had a chance to tear into it yet. But I was hoping to get an idea of what might be wrong. It does start, but as you would expect, it does not run very well once it warms up. Any thoughts would be greatly appreaciated.

Thans in advance.

pimpt250r
12-26-2006, 05:08 PM
a buddy of mine had a 36pwk carb that had a bent choke and the n when we took the carb off for a better look he also had a busted slide ,,, so unless you tare it apart you'll never know ,but i would try to un screw the whole choke and get a better look at that

Rich250RRacer
12-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by svahle
I just bought another 250r (I wish I hadn't sold my last one). Anyway, the choke appears to be stuck in the up position. I have tried to push it back down but with no luck. I haven't had a chance to tear into it yet. But I was hoping to get an idea of what might be wrong. It does start, but as you would expect, it does not run very well once it warms up. Any thoughts would be greatly appreaciated.

Thans in advance.

Try screwing it down, someone may have had the idle jacked way up.

svahle
12-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Geez, I feel like an idiot. It was just that the choke was screwed out (idle set high).

On a related note, I do know how to spell CHOKE despite how the title of this thread reads :D . Guess I should try proof reading once in a while.

C-LEIGH RACING
12-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Hey, man its cool, we need things to laugh about & dont worrie bout the spelling, you got the point across didnt you. :D :D

Hey, dont worrie be happy
Neil :p :p :D