PDA

View Full Version : xc gncc set ups

SicRipp83
12-25-2006, 07:02 PM
ok guys/ girls im getting ready for some gncc over here in the east coast i need some ideas for a set up pipe, jetting, gearing, suspension, ect im rocking an 06 r thanks

wanta450
12-25-2006, 07:08 PM
first off get skid plates then i would recomend getting ur shocks rebuilt by gt thunder and then if u want a pipe get a good low end oe like big gun hmf or sparks

Nick110
12-25-2006, 07:35 PM
The next this after skids should deffinatly be some kind of steering stabalizer then get shocks redone or new ones. After that I would get some better tires and rims. Then IMS pegs. Then exhaust.

DJJ450r
12-25-2006, 07:38 PM
first off you need suspension, if you want to go all out I'd get ars-fx/axis, if your on a budget then get gtt rebuilds with link. your gonna need some skids, frame and swingarm, and good 6-ply tires with HiPer rims and if you have the money tireballs are a great investment. for motor I'd get Rossier or Dasa with a hotcams stg 1 and eventually when you need a top end a JE 13:1 piston. And a Precision steering stabalizer

Seano300ex
12-26-2006, 01:38 PM
I would ask 450rgncc about a xc set-up, his bike is a beast in tha woods:cool:

andy roth
12-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Well, these guys covered most,The suspension,steering stabilizer,skid plate,6ply tires,Reinforced rims. I have a 06er and I have had to cut the throttle spring to ease up on thumb pump. Also I went with the antivibe stem,flex bars,and hand guards. I really hated the o6 front shocks so at this time I went with the 05 shocks until I can get them rebuild by Derisi racing. You may need to add more horsepower but it is better to have a smother ride than more power. Its all about getting it set up for you. The brake and clutch levers ajusted to you, Also the shifter and brake pedal ajusted to your liking. These are things that you should experiment with before any racing. Also You will need some sharper pegs,even if you just bolt on some peg extenders. Pro armor makes some real nice ones that I use.The gearing on the 06 is pretty good for xc so thats not a problem for me. I run a Rossier pipe and love it. It has all around good power and Pappy gave me a great price and it was at my door in two days. I had problems with starting after installing a bigger pilot jet so I went back with stock size on that. I cant remember what size main jet(170?). I would also recommend a bigger front bumper because you never know what your going to be pushing(TREE,Quad??LOL) good luck,its a blast!

MossboysRacing
12-26-2006, 07:02 PM
well i think every body has covered everything to get ya started, instead of cutting my throttle spring, i took off my stock thumb throttle assembly and put on a 400ex one and put on a trx90 thumb lever(its longer so you have more leverage). that really helped with thumb/arm pump. you also have to cut the wires and solder them together so it will run right, but i think it works great.jeff

Dave400ex
12-26-2006, 07:23 PM
I just got my Tokyo Mods less tension throttle spring today so I will have to keep everyone posted about how it does. I also plan on getting the older Honda throttle and getting the 90 lever. If you do this you must connect the wires either under the hood or at the carb. I am going to do mine under the hood and leave all the wires by the carb alone.