PDA

View Full Version : port and polish worth it???

ZSNOW
12-25-2006, 06:00 PM
is port and polish worth it on a stock engine i just want some power.i have a DG xcelorator exuasst and a K&N thats it...on a z400

CHEVYZ
12-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Good head work is by far the best mods you can do to any bike IMO, but the first thing I would recommend would be to switch exhaust systems. The DG is just a horrible system.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-25-2006, 06:51 PM
HMF is a great pipe, but I wouldn't do any headwork anytime soon. Get suspension/tires/wheels/a-arms first.

ZSNOW
12-25-2006, 09:42 PM
well i got the exhuast for like 25 bucks and just repacked it thats why i have a dg...i wills witch when i get some money

Def-e-nition
12-26-2006, 04:45 AM
I agree with not doing a head mod immediately .
i did a hot cam conversion and i am Pleased with the increase in power .
on ly trouble is , havin a z you'll have to buy two cams where i only needed one on the ex .

i am hesitant to do head mods , but if you know someone good , I reckon a head job will wake that bike of yours up completely .
we had a guy here who took his z and modded it so bad that it ran like a rocket . There is nothing wrong with a z engine , nothing stopping you from waking it u and shaking an Ltr's tree .. unless of course he has done something to his engine , in which case i'd get ready to have a nice shot of the back of his Quad ..
:)

I have a lot Of respect for a z . My other little Mommy quad is a Ltz 250 , and those damn things are ROCK solid . Im always so impressed when i have to clean the bikes off , standing the Lt next to my ex , the build quality on the Suzuki impresses me to no end . And im told that they might plan to build a smaller Ltr 250 Next year ... if mommy finds out .....:eek:

northwest Texas
12-26-2006, 06:04 AM
I'd spend my money getting the machine to handle flawlessly first and then move to the engine.

My EX never really felt slow until the chassis could handle more than the stock engine could generate.

You won't regret upgrading shocks and such before moving to the engine to get more performance.

pimpin330ex
12-26-2006, 08:53 AM
i hope it is cuz i just spent 350 on my head lol

Def-e-nition
12-27-2006, 01:41 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by northwest Texas
My EX never really felt slow until the chassis could handle more than the stock engine could generate.

You won't regret upgrading shocks and such before moving to the engine to get more performance. [/QUOTE

WELL said . well said.

matthoyda
12-27-2006, 07:58 AM
ive got a yosh exhaust and k&n air filter and im doing head work friday with a buddy and ill get back to you on if its worth it..

matthoyda
12-30-2006, 11:48 AM
I flowed and polished my head last night and took it out today....it was worth every bit of it. It pulls alot harder through the mid to upper rpms. It really suprised me.